Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

bet you can't answer this one......

Page: 1 of 1
 PSyCo_SMurF
04-30-2004, 8:51 PM
i have not been able to find anyone or any site that give me the correct info. maybe yall will know. i have kotor, dragon10, and ragnos on my rented server. but i only want ffa1-5 to play on the server. i added this to my server.cfg:

//----------Mod Executables------
exec FFA_MapRotation

and this is the FFA_MapRotation:

set d1 "set g_gametype 0;map mp/ffa1;set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 0;map mp/ffa2;set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 0;map mp/ffa3;set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "set g_gametype 0;map mp/ffa4;set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "set g_gametype 0;map mp/ffa5;set nextmap vstr d1"

i wanted it be able to go to the added maps only by vote then go back into rotation. AND IT STILL DONT WORK!!!!!! and i have my starting map as: vstr d1

this is just aynoing. i have tried and tried and tried and it still dont work. any answers?
 Kramerika
05-01-2004, 9:10 AM
I may be misunderstanding your problem, but I don't think it's possible to create a custom rotation of maps without turning the auto map cycling off. Make certain you do that. I also don't think it's a good idea to leave voting on if you have a custom map rotation because it will break the rotation of maps when a vote succeeds as no "nextmap" gets set. I don't know that for certain, but from what I've seen around here, that is the case.

I have a custom map rotation and also have it so that I can change manually to official or custom maps not in the rotation using the vstr command. Here are the most important settings from it. If I want to change to siege_hoth, after gaining rcon access I type "rcon vstr s_hoth", and it will switch to siege_hoth while continuing to maintain the regular rotation of maps.

set g_allowvote "0"
set g_autoMapCycle "0"

// Map Rotation

set m1 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf1; set nextmap vstr m2"
set m2 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf2; set nextmap vstr m3"
set m3 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf3; set nextmap vstr m4"
set m4 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf4; set nextmap vstr m5"
set m5 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5; set nextmap vstr m1"

vstr m1

// Siege

set s_dest "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_desert; set nextmap vstr m1"
set s_hoth "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_hoth; set nextmap vstr m2"
set s_korr "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_korriban; set nextmap vstr m3"
set s_dest "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_destroyer; set nextmap vstr m4"
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-01-2004, 9:37 AM
Voting always "breaks" custom map rotations because there is no way for the server to know what map you want next after you "jump" to a map by voting. Someone with rcon access needs to get the rotation started again with "/rcon vstr d1" or "/rcon set nextmap vstr d1".

The fact that voting messes up custom map rotations is one of many reasons that all of my servers have voting disabled.
 PSyCo_SMurF
05-01-2004, 9:35 PM
i have autoMapCycle on cuz if its off it just plays the first map over and over again even with the rotation loaded. voting is on. maybe i can put the custom map into the rotation. is that possiable to do with out it going into the rotation? something like this?

set m6 "set g_gametype 8; map custom1; set nextmap vstr m1"
set m7 "set g_gametype 8; map custom2; set nextmap vstr m1"

if you go to custom map (lets say custom2) would it go back to vstr m1 cuz it is part of the command? the way it looks makes it sound able to do what i ask it to do. if you vote to go to custom1, after the map it should go to mp/ctf1 right?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-02-2004, 2:42 AM
Originally posted by PSyCo_SMurF
i have autoMapCycle on cuz if its off it just plays the first map over and over again even with the rotation loaded. voting is on. maybe i can put the custom map into the rotation. is that possiable to do with out it going into the rotation? something like this?

set m6 "set g_gametype 8; map custom1; set nextmap vstr m1"
set m7 "set g_gametype 8; map custom2; set nextmap vstr m1"

if you go to custom map (lets say custom2) would it go back to vstr m1 cuz it is part of the command? the way it looks makes it sound able to do what i ask it to do. if you vote to go to custom1, after the map it should go to mp/ctf1 right?

First of all, I think one of the problems with your first rotation is you have the command "exec FFA_MapRotation" with a file named "FFA_MapRotation". It would be better to name the file "FFA_MapRotation.cfg" and change the command to "exec FFA_MapRotation.cfg". I don't think the server will exec files that don't end in .cfg. That's why the server sticks on the first map if g_autoMapCycle is 0, because your custom map rotation isn't loading.

Second, your second rotation would work with voting only if you could vote to go to map "vstr m7", then the server would know that nextmap is vstr m1. But you can't vote for "vstr m7", you can only vote for map custom2. If you have g_automapcycle 1, it will rotate through ALL of the maps that support that gametype. If g_automapcycle is 0, it will stay on the map voted on until a new map is voted on.

Voting always breaks custom map cycles.

Third, I don't even know why you are bothering with a custom map rotation anyway, since your first rotation merely goes through all of the FFA maps from 1 to 5. You don't need a custom map rotation to do that, this does exactly the same thing as your rotation with only three lines (assuming the server doesn't have additional maps):

seta g_autoMapCycle 1
seta g_gametype 0
map mp/ffa1

You only need a custom map rotation if you want to play maps out of order, skip maps, repeat maps, or change gametype. Otherwise, just do what is listed above.

If you insist on having voting (and I don't know why, it always causes trouble with breaking map rotations, constant arguing about what map or gametype to play, frequent calling of votes to kick people for stupid reasons, etc.), then you shouldn't use a custom map rotation. Just set g_autoMapCycle 1, g_allowVote 1, g_gametype to whatever, and a starting map. The server should have only maps that you really want to play, because it will rotate through ALL of the maps that support that gametype, whether you want to use that map or not.
Page: 1 of 1