Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA Forum: why all the moves?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rockstar
04-29-2004, 11:25 PM
since i've returned i've seen the amount of moved posts has increased ten fold. Why are people trying to complicate our simple forum? Editing requests? fair enough. But if someone has a queery about a move or something its moved to the stratergy shack??? Lets see if i see a topic in the strat shack called back stab it could be about either ja OR jo. There are several topics which could be applicable to both games and even JK. eg a thread titled "force grip". One would have to browse each one to find out which game they are about... i think either the peeps in charge are very board or need to lay of the weed! lol

so why the hell don't we just leave JA stuff in the JA forum, the same with JO and JK, and simply leave it much simpler and only move the ocational editing request... :)

anyone else agree? :)
 TK-8252
04-30-2004, 12:10 AM
The Jedi Academy forum gets clogged, spammed, and flamed enough. We don't need to add to it with n00bs begging for someone to make their impossible mods and people explaining how to do a kata.
 StormHammer
04-30-2004, 1:51 AM
Rockstar...there are certain forums intended for certain topics. As TK82-52 pointed out, if we just left everything in one forum, it would quickly get clogged, and people would complain that their topics were getting pushed down too quickly - we had a lot of this during release time.

Your point about differentiation between JO and JA is well noted, though. So in future any threads I move (depending on where they are moved to), I'll add a JO or JA to the title so that it's easier to see at a glance which game they are discussing.

Anyway...this thread should have gone into the Feedback forum. :p So that's where it's heading...
 txa1265
04-30-2004, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Your point about differentiation between JO and JA is well noted, though. So in future any threads I move (depending on where they are moved to), I'll add a JO or JA to the title so that it's easier to see at a glance which game they are discussing.
There is info in Kurgan's 'stuck' thread, and I seem to remember posting some tips for helpful topics way back (but it didn't get stuck). Basically a [DF], [JK], [MotS], [JKII], or [JA] at the front of the title will get you the help you need.

The only problem is that the Strategy Shack is 2 'page-downs' away from the main topics, and most people see JA or JKII at the top of the list and post there (naturally).

Mike
 Kurgan
04-30-2004, 8:17 PM
Yeah I try to always put a (JA) or (JK2) in the edited title when I move.

I'd like to not leave redirects, but then people would complain (many of these are first time posters in our forum) that their topic is "gone" and start another one.
 Rockstar
05-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Rockstar...there are certain forums intended for certain topics. As TK82-52 pointed out, if we just left everything in one forum, it would quickly get clogged, and people would complain that their topics were getting pushed down too quickly - we had a lot of this during release time.

Thanks that totally clarifies everything. I understand that well enough. I think that all editing requests belong on that boards and things like noobs asking about kata's goes in strat shack, but maybe if the topic is a stratergy. As long as its kept in reason this will be a very good thing. eg) as long as non-noobish threads about professional opinion/stratergy of force powers, sabers, etc stay here at JA home then i'm happy :D

Hey Kurgan, i think you should leave the thread links in the forum until they go down to the bottom of the 1st page (which wont take long) and it give people time to find the thread easily.

Anyway...this thread should have gone into the Feedback forum. :p So that's where it's heading...

lol!!
Page: 1 of 1