Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

linux client

Page: 1 of 1
 PiGBoY
04-28-2004, 5:41 AM
I have been searching for linux files related to JK3, but only turned up the lateset linux dedicated server patch.
I understand that JK3 is built on the Q3A engine, which had native linux patches for the client to actually play the game (without an emulator like wine/winex). Q3A ran fine native on my RedHat box.
I would loooove to play JK3 on my linux box, so is there a patch for clients? Or workarounds? Seem to remember that for Q3A you copied the files from the CDROM, and then ran the patch. It appears to be the same for the linux dedicated server patch.
TIA.
 topshot
04-28-2004, 5:56 AM
All I know do know is that JK3 should be able to run on Linux just fine. As far as jk3 files and patches go, you might want to check out www.jk3files.com)
 PiGBoY
04-28-2004, 6:09 AM
Thanks, mate. I did look there but no joy. There has *got* to be a way - it feels like it is so close, yet so far.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-28-2004, 1:49 PM
You are probably better off starting with the Mac OS X version of Jedi Academy since both Linux and OS X are UNIX-like operating systems. I don't know if OS X uses Open GL for graphics acceleration, but I think it does. But still, it would be a lot of work to make something that would be used by <1% of all the Jedi Academy players.
 Nuke
05-01-2004, 7:59 AM
Would be intresting to see the error message ...
 PiGBoY
05-01-2004, 7:46 PM
Haven't had a chance to get back to this. Might try MacOS this weekend and see how much it crashes by box.
Page: 1 of 1