Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Knight of the Republic

Page: 1 of 1
 Reclaimer
04-27-2004, 7:20 PM
The Knight of the Republic

The Republic is re-building their chains of new order and peace to the Galaxy. During this time, JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER, Jedi Master of the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV trains many young students who are found to have the Force flowing through them. The Jedi are sent throughout the Galaxy, helping to restore the once longed peace, which the Galactic Empire long ago destroyed. This is the story of a Jedi who is ready to become, a Knight of the Republic. This is his story…

James woke up from his sleep. He was on board the New Republic Transport Ship, Gallant Honor.
The pilot called over the comm channel,” We’ll be at the Academy in 5 minutes. So pack up.”
“Finally!” Squeals Vander Brooks. “I can’t wait for my training under Master Skywalker to begin!”
“You might not get Master Skywalker.” James says to Vander. “There are other Master too.”
“Well-“ Vander starts to protest, but James cuts him off.
“There are other Masters.” James repeats. “They’ll fine.”
“Well, I guess your right.” Vander agrees. “But I hope I get Master Skywalker.”
“Well, Good Luck.” James tells him as they step of the ship and into the fresh Yavin IV air…

The students gather into the training room where Luke Skywalker and Kyle Katarn are talking. When they see the students walk in they stop and wait for the last student to come in. After the student walks in, Luke begins.
“Welcome to the Jedi Academy. Here you will learn the ways of the Force and how to use a Lightsaber in combat and defense. Since we are the New Republic, you will get to pick a Jedi Class, from which was started in the time of the Old Republic these classes are the Jedi Sentinel. This Jedi focuses in using the Force more then Combat. They meditate often to learn more. The next is the Jedi Guardian. This Jedi Focuses mostly on Combat, but some on Force Powers. They train whenever they can.” He pauses for a second then continues. “The last class is the Jedi Consular. They try to bring balance by training equally in Combat and the Force. They mediate between different groups.” Luke takes another breath and starts again. “Each of you shall be assigned a Master. Your Master shall train you in the way of the Force. But first you must decide what Jedi Class you want to be. So please line-up single file and please tell me.”
James fell to the back of the line and heard Vander, who was the first one in line call out “Jedi Guardian!” as his class then he assigned a Master by Luke. The line continues down towards the last student, James. Everyone calls out either Jedi Guardian or Jedi Sentinel, and no Jedi Consular. Finally Luke reaches James and asks, “James Kinrath, what shall your class be?” Luke asks.
“James looks around at everyone and replies, “I would like to be a Jedi Consular, Master Skywalker.”
Luke looks at James, very surprised. “Are you sure you want to be a Jedi Consular?” Luke asks.
“Yes.” James says.
“You’re the very first student to take on this role then.” Luke says. “Your Master shall be me. For I am the only one who can teach you the way of the Jedi Consular for I am one myself. Congratulations James.”
The rest of the students and Masters applaud James. James looks at Vander, who, in return, looks at him in disgust and turns away. James turns to Luke. “Thank You, Master Skywalker. Thank You.”

NEXT: Chapter Two: The New Empire?

“I since a disturbance in the Force, Kyle.” “You always since a disturbance in the Force Luke, but I do too.”

If you like it then I shall continue it. Please give me your feedback.
 Doomie
04-28-2004, 5:37 AM
Hmmm. i like where this is going. Could be interesting. I like your writing style, and there aren't many fanfics these days so all is welcome... Try to be a little more descriptive though (i know it can be pretty hard, but maybe you should try anyway... Oh wait! there is no try! only do or do not!:p)

And, if you are referring to KOTOR, i think you swapped consular and sentinel.
 Sabretooth
04-29-2004, 3:39 AM
Yes, not bad. And it is "I 'sense' a disturbance in the force". With 'since' instead to sense, the sentence has no meaning. Keep it up and hey, you took the preview idea from me, didn't ya?

Finally! The fanfic section is growing!! First wildjedi's B&W, then my JK-DQ (OH, now I see why Raven named the hero as "Jaden Korr") followed by doomgiver, and many others!

Keep up the goodwork!
 Reclaimer
04-29-2004, 8:15 AM
Thanks guys. Btw.. here are the Bios of the Chars...

James Kinrath
Race: Human/ Male
Lightsaber Type: Double Green Blade
Bio: One of the students in the Acadamey, James is the main character in this FanFic. His Great(X17) Grandfather was Darth Revan, or now known as Master Revan of the Lightside. James inhierited his Force Powers from Revan. He hopes to one day become come as strong as Revan. He shares a bond with Rebbeca.

Vander Brooks
Race: Human/ Male
Lightsaber Type: Blue Twinsabers(One in each hand)
Bio: The snob at the Acadamey. Vandar always wants to be first. He always boasts about his family and if I try to tell you, it would take forever to type!

Rebbeca Vao
Race: Human/ Female
Lightsaber Type: Yellow double Blade
Bio: James' secret "Girlfriend". She is Revan's Great(x17) Granddaughter. She inheirited her powers fom Revan also. They don't know that they're related though. She shares a bond with James.

Darth Astina
Race: Human/ Female
Lightsaber Type: Red Single Blade
Bio: The young Jedi Girl turned into a Sith Lord. She welds impossible power. Somethink she connot be stoped...

More to come. Check this post for further up-dates.
 LukeKatarn
04-29-2004, 8:27 AM
I like it but yes sentinals focus in diffreant areas consulers focus on the force but I get where you are going you want james to train in all areas inb the force and train under master skywalker because Luke is a consuler the Green saber can tell you that.
 Doomie
04-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Hmmm... I think i'm also gonna post bio's. And sabretooth, there are many forgotten stories around here, just set it to 'the beginning ' and you'll see. Anyway, I'd like to see more of this.
 Reclaimer
05-01-2004, 9:06 PM
(/James' Vision/)

Two people are fighting. One welds a Green Blade while the other a Blue. There sabers clash and clash again. The fight goes on untill both are shocked by Force Lightning from a mistyrous figure. It takes of it's hood and shows it's face. A Human Male. About in his late twenties. They start to speak.

"One can't when, Rahasia!" The blue saber welder responds.

"That is what one think. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!" The one called Rahasia says. She then drains both their lifes with Death Field.

(/End Vision/)

James wakes up. He must talk to Master Skywalker...
 Reclaimer
05-12-2004, 5:56 PM
James rushes to Master Skywalker's chambers, and is surprised to see Rebbeca there. He walks up to Master Skywalker.

"...Then they were Drained of the life by Death Field." Rebbeca says.

"Interesting" Master Skywalker says. "You wish to speak to me James?"

"Yes I do." James says. "About a vision I had."

James recounts the vision he had. During his recounting of the tale Master Skywalker shows a hint of surprise, and so does Rebbeca. When he is done, Master Skywalker speaks first.

"This vision is the same that Rebbeca had." Master Skywalker tells James and Rebbeca. "There might be a reason for that."

"What do you mean?" Rebbeca asked.

"I'm...I'm not sure." Master Skywalker said. "But," He added, his voice gentle. "The place you discribed resembles a place I've been to before. That place is called Mag'sium. The planet is habitible. The local species are called the Rog'offs. They are notorius as Rouges throught out the Galaxey. You should try to avoid them."

"Master Skywalker," James says. "What is our mission, anyway?"

"Oh, yes." Master Skywalker says. "Your mission is to travel to Mag'sium and search the old Dunmer ruins. There you might find what they were loking for. Now run along."

James and Rebbeca walk out togther. They walk to the Hangar and load their gear onto the ship...
 Doomie
05-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Wow, there may be more to this story then i thought... interesting approach...

Dunmer... have you played Morrowind?
Page: 1 of 1