Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

To let you know the plan!

Page: 1 of 1
 slink-jadranko
04-25-2004, 5:56 PM
Hey all.

I am possibly about to try setting up something for 8.
I talked to him just before he left and I decided I'd try and set up a paypal donations thing to buy him a new computer now he's moved! Also the possibility of sending old but working bits of computer to him to set one that would at least do in the meantime.

So anyway, I'll keep you all posted about it, but wanted to let you know that I am going to try to get it going. I mean we all want the next releases eh?

:)

*toasts: may he be happy in his new more westerly place*

(now to hope I can sms a foreign number!)
 Sallim
04-25-2004, 7:42 PM
Good to see some action here.
Thanks goes to you slink-jadranko first

I thought that too.
Hmm I dont have much money now left ( got a car..life has changed a bit ) I dont know how I can transfer some money to a pay pal thing ;)
Build up an pc from some hardware is a good idea.

So tell me when I can do anything.

Iam waitung for you actions then...

Hope 8 and his gfriend are fine.

Thats from me, bye!

Arthur

(If someone wanna know..Tierra 3d is going on)
 Holdios
04-28-2004, 6:58 PM
thank god. It's a wonderful idea, and I'd love to aprticipate in any way I can. I'd love to see Nightlight Up and active again, and even more so, I want those sequals and John Howard specials... hehehe. Keep us posted. :doo1:
 slink-jadranko
05-01-2004, 6:55 PM
Wow. Good to see people like the idea.
OK, I was kinda thrown into work there so things got complex, but I am trying to sort it out now. I will post more in a couple of days when I know what's happening better!

:)
 The Adventurer
05-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I'd donate.
 MJ
05-06-2004, 4:29 AM
Honestly, appreciate the gesture. Kinda penniless at the moment, and very worried about how I'm going to pay rent tomorrow. Can't see when I'll be getting a computer anytime soon. Bec's old one here is a Pentium I-100, didn't know they still existed! Been using that, getting a lot of creative writing done. Tierra de los Muertos is making a bloody good book so far, up to about page 60. Even toyed with a couple of other options, such as writing a travel guide for the Land of the Dead. I'll have to see what pans out.

Currently using the internet from the local library. Getting glares because I'm posting on a forum. :)

Won't be any shortage of material when I get one though. Good thing about leaving is I got a heap of radio plays recorded just before I left NSW. :)

I hate looking for work. :mad:
 Sallim
05-06-2004, 7:37 AM
Ey! Good to see you alive friend! I dindt new its so bad, I would like to donate, but I ditn have money either..but never loose the hope for a job =)

So it settled,

You have to get a pc..If you want ( You can say no, but I will do ing it anyway ;), I will put one
2 Ghz Amd and other stuff togehter in the next months.

Great to hear about Tierra, and the 60! pages.

All the best for you and you new love .

Arthur

( I know I wirte like an idiot )
 LiMP RABBiT
05-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Good to hear from you 8. The book sounds great. I may be getting a new comp soon so this one may be up for scavenging (unless my parents take it). I'll see what I can do!

Good luck with the job.
 Expert Player
05-10-2004, 8:17 PM
Ok, good luck ,same from everyone else, you're gonne be lucky!
 slink-jadranko
05-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey all. Glad to see you are moved well and having some luck getting online 8!

Well, I set up a paypal account for you so anyone can make donations. All proceeds to go to 8, and I am looking into sending computer parts across, so if you can let me know if any of you guys have anything lying around that can be put together into a working system, it would be cool.

Take it easy all!

paypal donations can be made here (www.canadian-studies.net/slink/donate.html)
 MJ
05-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Eh... I can offer this:

Those who contribute computer parts or over a certain amount of money (decent amount or computer parts, mind you) will get a free Nightlight CD of their choice once I'm back on my feet. A Howard Special, Tierra, Lost Cause (or Lost Cause II once it's finished), whatever.

And I tell you what, I'm going to be eager (and feel obligated) to pull Nightlight together and put weekly updates onto it. Being helped out will be giving me the kick in the pants I need to get motivated.
 Sallim
05-26-2004, 4:04 PM
You are worth it..!

i wanna give you guys some impressions from stuffrom ..like couch, water cooler ;)
With the pc..give me a month. ( 1 - 2 weeks ) then i got a mainboard and a cpu , and maybe a tower.
 Holdios
05-27-2004, 6:54 PM
I may be able to supply a graphics card. It's a Geforce MX 440 and I won't lie, it's not that great. It's basically the Geforce 2 with a new name slapped on it. But, I replaced it and if I still have it around, would mail it over to Australia. :D It's really not bad. It just sucks if you play a lot of newer PC games like I do. I'll look for it and let you know. Anything to get this site up and running. I really wanna hear those Howard Specials and Lost Cause II.
 Sallim
05-29-2004, 4:20 AM
So facts about my hardware I will give away ;)

Its a Mainborad, a cooler and the cpu. Dont have enough RAM for and the Tower for it ( wait a month and I get them too ;)

The Mainboard is nothing special, its almost *hit but it works very well. I got 2 other mainboards like this, and used them each one for a year ( then spend it the family..they had a AMD k6 2 350 MHZ >_< )

So this shows me Win Xp, for you to have some more infos.

http://www.sal4.de/new/pc4m.jpg)

Yap ist now my server. Hes got a
AMD 2400 XP ( ~1,8 Ghz)
ECS K7S5A Chipset
And a Arktit Cooler..blub blub.

Pro and Cons
Con is, ther bios isnt ready for the 2400 Xp, it WORKS but it dont see the CPU name. A bios update would solve this little problem, but DONT update THIS bios..^_^ I had my problems it..and it sounds like " piiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep "
The great feature ( not for extrem hardware freaks ) this chipset supports old SD RAM and DDR RAM. Thas great because we dont have much money ( i think ) and Matthew could later upgrade or use old style SD RAMs.

Thats so far from me.

Question from my side are , HOW to send , WHERE to send..and WHEN to send ? ;)

Hope I dont dissapoint anyone here.

Sal
 slink-jadranko
05-31-2004, 7:20 PM
This is looking all very plausible. I will collate all this stuff so far and see what system best could be put together and consider some things, as well as throw in the mix that I have access to an 1800+ I think, on a nasty mainboard with onbaord stuff. I had to give my better system away. I might have a PII450 lying around but that be no real good.
I kind of culled my stuff and built someone a machine out of the decent parts I had lying around. But if people are willing to get a system put together, maybe I can chip in some money and a couple of other people to help set up for a monitor and a case or something?
Might be easiest then just o send the money straight to you 8 then go through Paypal. Corporate stuff and all!
 MJ
06-04-2004, 12:59 AM
A couple of things I do have are harddrives. A 30GB and a 60GB. So I'm okay as far as hard drive space goes.

Unless somehow the 30GB got wiped during the trip over on the plane going through a metal detector or something. Considering it had everything that was ever Nightlight on it... ;):):eek:
 Sallim
06-04-2004, 3:25 AM
Great..so what now..my server is almost ready..maybe i got a case too ( maybe ;)

If no one has RAM..I give the whole thing away.

Long live 8 of 12 =)
 Sallim
06-14-2004, 9:05 AM
So things are stuck again, its seems taht way..

Anyone have hardware ready or wanne tell us / me something ?

Iam waiting for you guys, otherwise i have to handle it alone.

Cant donate any money though ;(

Edit:

I know now ones believs my words anyway, but guys, 8 needs our help.
Page: 1 of 1