Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dagnabbit! Where's the REAL Multiplayer info???

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Evol Baby
04-22-2004, 7:35 PM
I don't know why all the instructions aren't in the instruction book that comes with this game.

I need a 'Be all and end all' multiplayer tutorial that covers every function in multiplayer. From starting servers to accessing maps to adding maps etc.

I get tired of having to piece together bits and pieces of stuff from several boards and what-not.

Not everyone knows what everyone is talking about.

Faster I can get all this info the faster I can make kick-butt models and maps.

I definitely want my 'The Bride' model from 'Kill Bill'.
 --ZeeMan--
04-22-2004, 8:08 PM
umm..you might try looking in the Cheat (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=111511) section cus they show how to tweak a lot of options...other than that, i dont' think an actual "How to" post has been made.
 manoman81
04-22-2004, 9:48 PM
Darth, read any post by Amidala from the Chop Shop or Kurgan or anyone that has their servers listed in their signatures. They are a great help when it comes to the technical side of the game.
 Kurgan
04-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Dedicated Servers Forum, click on it and start reading, starting with the stickies.

You'll find everything you need (assuming you've already read the manual and readme's, including the readme's included with the "dedicated server" exe's).

Keep in mind the forums are just trial-and-error or general knowledge from the experience of users. You use it at your own risk, still, it's the best info you're going to find to help you, you just have to do some reading, you can't expect it all to get posted in one easy thread (as with all frequently asked questions if we went that route we'd be reposting everything every day).

If you want editing tips (for skins, modelling, etc) you will HAVE to visit the various editing forums, there's no short way around it. Either you read the info or you don't. Again, you can't expect all of that info to be reposted every time somebody asks. So visit the JA editing forums for stuff about mod making.

Good luck!
Page: 1 of 1