Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ebon Hawk Basement

Page: 2 of 2
 Andree
06-03-2004, 10:56 AM
site is not working:(
 Ziegfried
06-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Yep sites not working for me either.
 Andree
06-04-2004, 3:35 AM
maybe somebody will mirror this mod for a while? :)
 shosey
06-09-2004, 12:03 AM
site should be up, really not sure why it was down!
 Darth Dex
07-06-2004, 8:21 PM
I know there's been no post in awhile, but I have a idea for you. I love the mod, but why don't you add a bar and some Pazza players, maybe a brand new bounty office full of bounties. Or a new dueling ring like on Taris. I know this maybe hard I don't want to sound demanding.

I LOVE THIS MOD!
 Alch3mist
07-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Can someone put up screens?
 StormTrooper789
07-10-2004, 5:31 PM
I think they are on shosey's website. I've been there once and I saw 'em. So they're there! Cool two 'theres'!:p
 Colma Adawin
07-10-2004, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by Alch3mist
Can someone put up screens?

yea there on Shosys web site:

http://kotor.hosey.org/basement/)

a VERY good mod (if you dont cheat) hehe

MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
07-10-2004, 6:00 PM
I agree with you Matt.

ReLoaD2K
 shosey
08-04-2004, 1:30 PM
Glad to see people are still enjoying this :)
 nacho35
08-04-2004, 1:40 PM
Glad to see people are still enjoying this :)

Still love the mod! What was the room you used for it. Was it a completely new one or does it exist somewhere in the game?
 Glamador
08-04-2004, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
I know there's been no post in awhile, but I have a idea for you. I love the mod, but why don't you add a bar and some Pazza players, maybe a brand new bounty office full of bounties. Or a new dueling ring like on Taris. I know this maybe hard I don't want to sound demanding.

I LOVE THIS MOD!

that sounds almost like that arena mod...
 shosey
08-07-2004, 1:14 PM
Darth Dex's idea is very much like the Arena mod. I was actually going to do that idea after I did the basement. Then somebody pointed out that it was already done (ie. the arena mod) so I didn't :)

And, the room does exist in game already. Its the upstairs to one of the swoop gangs hide outs - the good one's base (don't remember their name)

Enjoy :)
 phleabag
08-26-2004, 10:22 PM
i like phlee's. i call myself phleabag. i like this mod cuz it's like phlee's -- liked by me, phleabag.
 Darth Dex
08-27-2004, 8:41 AM
Yeah, it's part of the hidden Beks base, if you pick the lock on one of the doors, (you will need KSE)
 shosey
08-27-2004, 1:48 PM
you can also get into that room if you

are a darkside player and take the mission to kill that swoop gang leader. Thats how I found out about it.
 Achilles
08-27-2004, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by shosey
you can also get into that room if you

are a darkside player and take the mission to kill that swoop gang leader. Thats how I found out about it.
Gadon's room. I hope that helps.
 alibaba
03-29-2005, 3:58 PM
i got that problem with the basement loadin bout 1/4 way, i made sure all the files r in the correct place, and ive downloaded and inserted the latest patch. im gonna try warp basement command but if it doesnt work (ill say wen i try it) wat u think i should do??
 alibaba
03-29-2005, 4:25 PM
sory bout the double postin, warp basement comand doesnt work either, just freezes in loadin again, any help would be appreciated, if 1 of the people it worked for could upload the files somewhere and post a link to them i wud apreciate that.

i just read the rest of the posts on this topic and thought id check the basement.mod file was where it shud be, lol no...
 shosey
03-29-2005, 8:50 PM
If you have the basemen.MOD file in the modules folder and the rest of the files in the override folder all should be good.

I hope you get it working :D
 Simbacca
05-21-2005, 6:23 PM
i just download this Basement mod the other day and tried it for the first time just now.

its very good, definitely a great job.

ran into one problem though, and no, i was not on the Unknown Planet...

i was able to use the controls just fine to get down there, but there was no way for me to get back up! i had to use Darth333's warpband to get out of the basement. there were no elevator controls or warp areas down there to get back. how do i fix this?
 General Kenobi
05-21-2005, 9:21 PM
Just walk back thru the main doorway and you'll auto load back to the top level of the Ebon Hawk.

DM
 parazite_X_
05-21-2005, 9:57 PM
now that i bought TSL i was wondering if there will be a TSL version of the basement mod it would be nice and very apreciated since im no good a all in scripting and modding !
 Simbacca
05-22-2005, 3:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
Just walk back thru the main doorway and you'll auto load back to the top level of the Ebon Hawk.

DM

well, thats what i thought and thats what i spent five minutes doing over and over again. for some reason, it was not auto loading me back up.

:confused:
 startrek59
07-17-2005, 9:49 AM
Originally posted by Simbacca
i just download this Basement mod the other day and tried it for the first time just now.

its very good, definitely a great job.

ran into one problem though, and no, i was not on the Unknown Planet...

i was able to use the controls just fine to get down there, but there was no way for me to get back up! i had to use Darth333's warpband to get out of the basement. there were no elevator controls or warp areas down there to get back. how do i fix this?

hey, i just dowloaded this mod and i'm having the exact same problem. i too figured it was as simple as walking through the doorway. on my map the doorway is whatever color the transition areas are (sorry, but i'm colorblind so i don't know what color it is), but nothing happens when i walk thru. i'm on dantooine, btw and haven't gone to the other planets yet.

anyone know why it's doing this?
 parazite_X_
08-19-2005, 4:36 PM
i had a question for shosey i want to use the basement for kotor 2 since my kotor 1 cd 1 is damaged( always tells me cannot load background image check you disk for dirt or damages) i cannot put the modul files of yavin in kotor 2 is there a way to change the modul that the basement uses for a modul of kotor 2 without having to make a whole new mod ( still i would have to replace all the placeable item and the merchants so they fit to the modul but i can do it for the rest im a total lame) so if its possible can you point me the way to get it done ! and is there a way to make one of the merchants sell thorium charges caus i dont find any in the game except the one on koriban!
thanks

All Hail Revan!
All Hail Revan!
 RedHawke
08-19-2005, 11:53 PM
i had a question for shosey
I don't know if you will get a response as shosey hasn't posted since 5-20-05 so he might have moved on to other things. :(
i want to use the basement for kotor 2 since my kotor 1 cd 1 is damaged( always tells me cannot load background image check you disk for dirt or damages) i cannot put the modul files of yavin in kotor 2 is there a way to change the modul that the basement uses for a modul of kotor 2 without having to make a whole new mod ( still i would have to replace all the placeable item and the merchants so they fit to the modul but i can do it for the rest im a total lame)
Unfortunately what you are asking is for a whole new mod, the Basement as it is will only work in K1, you would have to literally do a whole new basement mod for K2.
so if its possible can you point me the way to get it done ! and is there a way to make one of the merchants sell thorium charges caus i dont find any in the game except the one on koriban!
thanks
The Sallustian droid parts merchant on Dantooine also has Thorium Charges. :D
 parazite_X_
08-20-2005, 1:26 PM
ok thanks but the darn merchant on dntoine doesnt have thorium charges ( akere and adum larp ) maybe im having probs with my game) ok then does anybody can give me a hand in makaing a basement for kotor 2 for making the moduls and merchants doors i can do it (well barely) but for the rest well everything that touches scripting and those ncs nss files that i dont understand how it works !
so please some one lend me a hand
 General Kenobi
08-20-2005, 3:21 PM
ok thanks but the darn merchant on dntoine doesnt have thorium charges

Yes he does ;) If you talk to him at the right time and say the right things he does indeed have em' :D

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Achilles
08-20-2005, 6:07 PM
Yes he does ;) If you talk to him at the right time and say the right things he does indeed have em' :D

:ben:
General Kenobior if you're DS you can loot them from his corpse
 parazite_X_
08-21-2005, 11:20 AM
well thanks for the info i'll loot them from he's corpse since i'm always a DS player !
 shosey
08-21-2005, 8:50 PM
Woah - he's alive!!!!

Thanks to RedHawke for fielding the answers to this!

I've just been kind of lurking around the forums during work as of late ;-P

during my free time I've been caught up in World of Warcraft - hehe (PM me if you want to talk WoW)

Anyway - a ways back when I first got KotOR2 I though about making a new type of store feature - unfortunatly I quickly lost interest and now I've been out of it for way to long.

Anyway - this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=146954) is what I had in mind - maybe I'll finish it up - who knows ;-P

Okies, I'll try not to be a stranger (exits lurking mode) ;-P
 Lorden Darkblade
08-21-2005, 9:24 PM
Yes I remember of that. PLEASE, finish it :D :D :D :D
 zacam
05-07-2007, 9:59 PM
I realize that alot of time has passed on this, however, this mod due to 2 scripts shared with the Light Saber Forms (by DeathDisco), I get the elevator control button, but no elevator.

The Saber Forms computer though works perfectly.

I tried blending the two scripts together, (one for k_pebn_remove the other for k_pebo_skybox) but I'm not sure I've gotten it done right.

Here is what I have.
k_pebn_remove:

void main () {
object oComputer = GetObjectByTag("computerforms");

float x=50.27f;
float y=44.75f;
float z=2.50f;
float r=0.0f;
vector vecNPC=Vector(x,y,z);
location locNPC=Location(vecNPC, r);
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "computerforms", locNPC);
ExecuteScript("f_pebn_remove",OBJECT_SELF);
}
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "elevator", Location(Vector(54.9,74.7,1.80), 0.0));
ExecuteScript("remove", GetModule());
}

and pebo_skybox:

void main () {

float x=50.27f;
float y=44.75f;
float z=2.50f;
float r=0.0f;
ExecuteScript("f_pebo_skybox",OBJECT_SELF);
}
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "elevator", Location(Vector(54.9,74.7,1.80), 0.0));
ExecuteScript("skybox", GetModule());
}

While I get no errors, the computer works and the elevator button is present, but nothing happens.

Should I be nesting them differently?

My apologies on the Dark Resurrection, but it is applicable to this mod and this is the only topic I've seen for it.
 tk102
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the forums zacam. :)

Here is what I have.
k_pebn_remove:

void main () {

float x=50.27f;
float y=44.75f;
float z=2.50f;
float r=0.0f;
}
{
ExecuteScript("remove", GetModule());
}

and pebo_skybox:

void main () {

float x=50.27f;
float y=44.75f;
float z=2.50f;
float r=0.0f;
}
{
ExecuteScript("skybox", GetModule());
}

While I get no errors, the computer works and the elevator button is present, but nothing happens.

Should I be nesting them differently?
You are closing the braces of the void main() too soon. The part in red is not getting executed. Try removing the}
{ lines from both scripts and recompile.

My apologies on the Dark Resurrection, but it is applicable to this mod and this is the only topic I've seen for it.
:) You're forgiven. :) Truth be told, thread necromancy isn't evil in and of itself, but typically it contributes nothing to the thread it is reviving and most of the original authors have often moved on. Quite often it is better to create a new thread with a link to the old thread because it's likely the new post is really a new topic.

You could've done that in this case too I suppose. But because you are asking a specific question about the scripts which others can help with, and because there is no thread in Taris Upper City Emporium for this mod (!), it's not a big deal.
 zacam
05-07-2007, 10:51 PM
See, I knew it was something fairly simple that I was missing.

Atleast I was smart enough to remove the void main() from the second addition instead of just simply copying/pasting one directly into the other.

Apparently, I was too tired to figure it out from there. (But then, it also took me a long time since I put it together before I got the Ebon Hawk, so I was already well in to sleep dep.)

Thank you most kindly for both the response and the forgivness.

(And this would also be my welcome to KotOR as well....while I've been an avid Bioware fan from NWN (sadly, including 2) and a Jedi Knights player for some time, I never got into either KotOR or STL. Hoepfully, there's still something worth doing to contribute.)
 zacam
05-11-2007, 5:04 AM
Okay, it still is not working.

I even switched the order in which they're in the files, no dice.

I though maybe calls to two (potentially) conflicting scripts for removal might be the cause, so I reduced it to only one. (I tried them each seperately.)

Still no dice. No matter what, the computer always works, but the elevator does not.

I can "warp basement" and it loads fine. That elevator takes be back up topside.

Where I'm at: I've jsut landed at Dato. I've attempted to utilize the elevator multiple times before becoming Jedi as well as during the quests to become one and after wards, when I can leave. I have yet to leave the planet though.

**Note: To prevent it from being a cached script issue in the savegame, I loaded savegames prior to possesing the Ebon Hawk and still no dice. Willing, if necessary to start a whole new game, but I don't think it should require me doing so.
 tk102
05-11-2007, 9:44 AM
I'm looking at the two mods' scripts now.

Try this for k_pebn_remove:
void main () {
float x=50.27f;
float y=44.75f;
float z=2.50f;
float r=0.0f;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "elevator", Location( Vector( 54.9,74.7,1.80), 0.0));
}

For k_pebo_skybox:
void main () {
float x=50.27f;
float y=44.75f;
float z=2.50f;
float r=0.0f;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "elevator", Location( Vector( 54.9,74.7,1.80), 0.0));
}

Note: the remove.ncs and f_pebn_remove.ncs are actually the same script (that is, the original k_pebn_remove.ncs) as are f_pebo_skybox and skybox.ncs (that is, the original k_pebo_skybox). Deathdisco and shosey just redistributed the original .ncs file under different names. You only need to ExecuteScript on one of them.
 zacam
05-11-2007, 6:06 PM
Well, two things. While removing .ndb's for scripts is well and fine, it seemed to break it when removing them for other things. Also, I didn't need to merge the two scripts, simply using the basement mod scripts instead by themselves (with the attendant .ndb files) made both of them work perfectly.

I'm now very happy, though now I'll have to rebuild the kmm and source folder I made for my Massive mod.

Even stupider mistake: when trying to alpabetically align my kmm file, it did not include: basement.ndb, elevator.ncs and elevator.ndb.

*sighs* I now feel totally stupid.
 Serathas
11-30-2007, 10:11 AM
wow, this mod is awsome

btw, sent you a pm with a question about it
Page: 2 of 2