Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC spawning

Page: 1 of 1
 Farnsworth
04-17-2004, 5:45 PM
how do i set an NPC to respawn after it is killed?
 vas_zag
04-17-2004, 7:15 PM
you make an npc_spawner,
set an npc_type,
make a targetname for the npc_spawner,
make a npc_target also that is the same as above

anything i missed out?
 stride
04-17-2004, 10:04 PM
yeah an npc_spawner give it a targetname and a npc_target for its npc. Make the npc_target the same as the targetname so when the npc dies it fires its target which is its self causing the spawner to make another npc. Make sure you have something else like an info_player_start or whatever to start it off because you need something to start this loop thing.You could use a script which is better for MP so everytime someone dies and spawns again and uses the info_player_start the npc doesnt spawn.
 Farnsworth
04-18-2004, 11:20 AM
eh, whats the info_player_start for? what do i do to it for it to work with the npc?
 vas_zag
04-18-2004, 1:32 PM
stride this is for an mp map
what he means is you need a trigger orsomething to spawn the first npc because its only set to trigger the npc when one of the npcs dies
you could always set up a one time npc thing for example 'NPC_dessan' or whatever and link that to the spawner so when that one dies it fires the npc_spawner
 stride
04-18-2004, 4:02 PM
or you could use a script but vas_zags way might be easier if you dont know your way around BehavEd.
 Farnsworth
04-22-2004, 2:59 PM
uh, any way i can just set a button to spawn an npc?
 zag
04-22-2004, 8:39 PM
hm the way im thinking is targeting a trigger_multiple to the spawner
i think i tried this before and only spawned once but not anymore i dunno why :confused:
Page: 1 of 1