Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Help With a Simple Script

Page: 1 of 1
 stride
04-15-2004, 11:11 PM
I want to make it so one of my Npcs in a level will walk along my waypoint pathes that loop. So all the npc does, is slowly walk along the waypoints on its own. Not to attack or anything but just to walk. I mean not even notice the player if he/she walks by.
 vas_zag
04-16-2004, 12:52 PM
theres a command in behaved called 'walk only'
apparently it makes X 'simplywalks, ignores enimies alerts'
 stride
04-16-2004, 6:49 PM
should i make the npc cinematic? Should i make the script use the targetname or npc_targetname
 Mercenary
04-16-2004, 8:02 PM
Make the NPC cinematic. Use a spawnscript. Place waypoint_navgoals where you want the NPC to patrol. Give each waypoint_navgoal a targetname. In BehavED there's a command to set a navgoal, which makes the affected NPC go there. I don't know if this works in MP.

I'd help you out further with the script part but I get erratic behavior when trying to get an NPC to walk around. Seems like Raven Software messed around with a few things because what used to work in JO isn't working well in JA.
 stride
04-16-2004, 8:58 PM
yeah ive been trying waypoints and navs not together of course, but just tryin to get this crap working. The closest i got getting this working was making a npc get to one navgoal then just flat out stopping.
Page: 1 of 1