Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Canderous Side Quest Crash on Tatooine

Page: 1 of 1
 Drklighter
04-14-2004, 5:28 AM
I have played the game through once without too much trouble. Sometimes, while loading a cutscene, the game would crash, but a reboot would fix. I am now playing it through again (Darkside) and have managed to trigger Canderous' sidequest (didn't do this first time around). I have finished Korriban and the last SF, but instead of going to the SF planet, I went back to Tatooine to face off against J***. Everything was fine until I try to enter the desert from Anchorhead... then it crashes to my desktop (with the nice little WinXP "Encoutered an error... can't continue" message). It seems to crash right where the little progress bar goes from "Saving..." to "Loading...". Anyway, I can't get past this point! I ad not changed anything on my system between playing through the first time and now, so I don't know what the deal is. Here is what I have tried so far:
rebooting/re-loading
earlier savegame
re-installed DirectX
re-installed Video Drivers
scandisk/defrag
changed swapfile from fixed to system
praying to George Lucas!

Someone please help!
My system:
AMD Athlon 1800+
Gigabyte GA-7TXE MoBo (F8 Bios)
768MB PC2100 DDR RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128MB (4.2 Catalyst Drivers*)
* - The 4.3 and 4.4 drivers kill my performance
Soundblaster Live! Value
3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card (cable modem)
Sony 48x24x48 CD-RW
Maxtor 60BG 7200RPM ATA133 HDD (25GB free)
WindowsXP Pro SP1 (fully updated)
DirectX 9.0b
Video: No AA/16X AF

Thanks!
 narfblat
04-15-2004, 5:01 AM
I had a similar error when I used the elevator on the Leviathan. It would save, then stop. I tried switching between my CDRW and DVDROM drives, restarting the computer, and loading an earlier game. The solution was actually very simple. All I had to do was load the autosave. I hope this works. Let me know what happens, please.
Page: 1 of 1