Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Endor! ewoks?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ewok Homie
04-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Endor is going to be included and i was wondering this map has to be big but.... will they have broken down trees which provide perfect cover like in the movies and will you be able to take chunks off trees or even take them out with your at-st and blaster rifle? Your thoughts? Also i think ewoks should fly in the air and hit a tree or somthing when an explosion hits them. Its all good though :cool:
 StormHammer
04-14-2004, 12:49 AM
I doubt there will be destructable trees - particularly for MP play. With everything else that is going on during combat, you don't want the server getting bogged down keeping track of which trees have been blasted to oblivion. The least amount of data that needs to be sent to each player, the better, so that lag is reduced.

AS for Ewoks - as long as I can stomp all over them with an AT-ST I'll be happy. :D
 Ewok Homie
04-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Yeah your proably right yet i still think that while your fighting, all these trees show be blowing up and falling onto your comrades. It would just make it more adrenline rushing. Its all good though :cool:
 Evil Dark Jedi
04-14-2004, 8:40 AM
This what i found out about ewoks on a website interview

The battles change each time you play because of the game's open design, but they are also designed with particular characteristics for each location and per team. For instance, I dropped into a battle on the forest moon of Endor, the Ewok planet. The particular battle is designed loosely on the Rebel assault on the power shield generator patrolled by the Empire. As a rebel you must try to re-capture it, as an Imperial fighter, defend it. In this particular mission, the particular characteristic I was talking about is the third-party action of the Ewoks. Since I chose the Rebel side, the Ewoks fought on my side, so I got a little help.

What do they do? They set log traps, pits and every little thing their furry paws can muster to help out. They're entirely AI-controlled, so they act on their own, setting traps, attacking and dying independently. The rebels need the added bodies too, given they're out-powered by the Imperials' ATST Walkers. Are there speeder bikes to pilot? You bet. Can you take over and pilot an ATST? Oh yes, indeed. Ever wanted to slaughter an Ewok? You know you have, and you can. Little furry deaths are a regular thing in this level. Is it amazing? By all means yes.

Oh by the way this guy actually went to lucasarts and played the game!This is if you didnt know.

:bdroid2:
 tFighterPilot
04-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Cool, ewoks putting traps...
 dark jedi 8
04-14-2004, 8:09 PM
imagine how cool it'd be if you were a rebel and lured an AT-st into one of the ewok traps... pesky ewoks! cant wait to kill em.
 joesdomain
04-14-2004, 11:50 PM
I hope they have a second map for endor where rebels/ewoks fight imperials around the ewok village. that would be cool!
 StormHammer
04-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by joesdomain
I hope they have a second map for endor where rebels/ewoks fight imperials around the ewok village. that would be cool!

If the game comes with a decent level editor, then you could create your own maps for that sort of thing. An editor will be sorely needed for a game like this if it's to have any longevity.
 Eagle Warrior
04-15-2004, 11:12 AM
i dout that they will leave out the traps. i actually know that there will be traps. in one of the pictures it shows a at-st being bown up by rolling logs.
 tFighterPilot
04-15-2004, 12:24 PM
It was stated in the article that they will put the traps
 Eagle Warrior
04-15-2004, 4:02 PM
would there be a side effect for these traps. for example if the ewoks drop rocks on a stormtrooper and rebel is under the falling rocks will he get hurt
 tFighterPilot
04-15-2004, 4:06 PM
You're thinking WAY too much about it
 Gukkjo
04-15-2004, 5:21 PM
obviously the rebel will get hurt if he is under a rock, otherwise this game will be dumb if it grants one side immunity from traps.
 Eagle Warrior
04-15-2004, 6:48 PM
:laughing: dont worry i am plus there is posible whent he game is set up that friendly fire can be turned off
Page: 1 of 1