Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

waiting time for respawn

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
04-13-2004, 7:46 PM
how long do you think it will take for you to respwan.

i think it should take only a couple of seconds or whenever the player pushes a button. why would you want to wait for 3 minutes or whatever to respwan.
 Mountainforest
04-13-2004, 7:50 PM
another interesting topic...
 Sounds Risky
04-13-2004, 8:22 PM
It'll be up to the host.
 tFighterPilot
04-13-2004, 9:14 PM
There is also the Counter Strike aproach, which is that when you're dead, you're dead till the end of the round
 dark jedi 8
04-13-2004, 11:13 PM
that would suck cus the first teem to kill the other automatically wins the map. its gotta be harder than that.
 StormHammer
04-14-2004, 12:25 AM
I prefer the way they do it in ET. When the game first starts, if you die the respawn can be about 20 seconds. This is good because for that amount of time either team is a man down - which can leave an opening the other team can exploit.

As the match continues, however, the respawn time reduces until near the end it's practically instantaneous.

Most of the servers I play on are set up that way.
 Gukkjo
04-14-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah that would suck to be out for the rest of the time. I think it will only take a couple seconds, but then what would be the drawback to dying, except that you might respawn at your base instead of where you were? Is that a big enough drawback?
 tFighterPilot
04-14-2004, 10:44 AM
I think there will be spawn points
Page: 1 of 1