Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

button teleporter

Page: 1 of 1
 Farnsworth
04-12-2004, 10:34 PM
is there any way to set a teleporter so it only works while a button is pressed? i tried using target and targetname with them, but it went without the button.
 WadeV1589
04-12-2004, 10:56 PM
button->target_activate->trigger_teleport
button->target_delay->target_deactivate->trigger_teleport

Set a delay on the target_delay and the trigger will remain active for that amount of time. Make sure to set the trigger_teleport to inactive.
 Farnsworth
04-12-2004, 11:10 PM
im sorry, that was just the most confusing thing i have ever read (hehe)...can you explain that clearer, please?
 WadeV1589
04-12-2004, 11:41 PM
You make a button (use a func_usable).

You make 5 entities by right clicking -> target_delay, target_activate, target_deactivate, target_teleporter, target_position.

You make a trigger_multiple brush (covered in the system/trigger texture).

Press N on the trigger_multiple and check the box that says INACTIVE

Press N on the target_delay and type in the key box delay and in the value box 3000 (for 3 seconds).

Press N on the func_usable, check the ALWAYS_ON box, then set a key/value of wait/3000.

Now link them up (Ctrl+K) as follows:

func_usable->target_activate

func_usable->target_delay

target_delay->target_deactivate

target_activate->trigger_multiple

target_deactivate->trigger_multiple

trigger_multiple->target_teleporter

target_teleporter->target_position.

This will make the button activate the trigger_multiple which is hooked up to the entity version of a teleporter which means the person in the trigger_multiple will be transported to wherever the target_position is. After 3 seconds the teleporter will be deactivated.
 vas_zag
04-13-2004, 3:14 PM
what if there is no checkbox for 'inactive'?
 WadeV1589
04-13-2004, 5:47 PM
There should be for a trigger_multiple in JA, if not, get the latest GTKRadiant.
 vas_zag
04-14-2004, 11:00 AM
oyeah i was looking at trigger_teleport *slaps head*
i think maybe a way i tend to use which requires less entities is to link a trigger_multiple (that acts at the button in this case) to the the target_activate thats linked to the inactive trigger_multiple (the one that teleportee has to be in) then link that to the target_teleport and also set 'target2' for the trigger_multiple (the one that teleportee has to be in) the target name of the target_deactivate which is targeted back at that trigger_multiple (the one that teleportee has to be in)
then you set a 'speed' value for how many seconds you want it to wait before it fires 'target2'
you dont have to have a target_delay and im not a fan of them so its good stuff :)
 Farnsworth
04-14-2004, 8:44 PM
hmm, this is wierd...i set it up exactly as wades instructions said, but its not working...
 vas_zag
04-15-2004, 1:53 PM
what exactly isnt working
 Farnsworth
04-15-2004, 6:55 PM
it wont teleport, i have the func_multiple where you are when you hit the func_usable, but i tried walkiing into the func_usable, and even pressing "use" but the teleporter wont activate...
 Farnsworth
04-15-2004, 8:42 PM
ok i got it to work, but theres still one problem...once its turned on, it wont turn off...
 WadeV1589
04-15-2004, 9:31 PM
Is the target_deactivate set up properly including a delay on the target_relay?
 Farnsworth
04-16-2004, 6:16 PM
yeah i double checked everything, they are connected just as you said, and the target_delay does have a "delay" of "3000"
 WadeV1589
04-16-2004, 6:39 PM
Ooops I meant 'wait'
 Farnsworth
04-16-2004, 7:35 PM
well, i got rid of the "delay" and added the "wait". just tried it and its still not turning off...are you sure thats how you connect them?
 vas_zag
04-16-2004, 9:15 PM
hmm sounds like a real mess:p
maybe you should one of us your .map file so we can see what youve done..
 Farnsworth
04-17-2004, 11:59 AM
ok, you guys got msnm? its free
http://messenger.msn.com/)

add me fearfarn@msn.com
 Farnsworth
04-17-2004, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
target_delay->target_deactivate

target_deactivate->trigger_multiple

this is exactly what i have done to the trigger_deactivate. perhaps you forgot to mention CTRL+K connection? or maybe i have to do something on the entity's "N" menu?...
Page: 1 of 1