Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Little Help? (How to bring down the 'Console' in JA/JK2)

Page: 1 of 1
 darthmonkey
04-09-2004, 1:29 PM
Im not sure where I could post this but I'm having alot of trouble getting the console up to enter cheats, i tried Shift + and ~ but nothing happened and I have used many different variations of those but its still not working, any ideas?
 StormHammer
04-09-2004, 2:16 PM
If you're using a UK keyboard layout, then it's the key above TAB - probably shown as `

So press...

SHIFT ` to bring down the console.

The ~ won't work on UK keyboards for this purpose.
 DarthMuffin
04-09-2004, 2:22 PM
--> Like Storm said

Generally, it's always shift + the button to the left of "1". However, sometimes your computer may not be configured to fit with your keyboard's language.

Ex.: I have an english keyboard, but the default language config was french. I changed it to american (near the clock), and now it works.

So try to set your language to american english, and then press the button to the left of "1".
 Kurgan
04-10-2004, 6:16 PM
Maybe you're a little confused, it's like this:

hold SHIFT and (while holding SHIFT) press ` (the key has a ` and a ~ on it, to the left of the 1! key on a QWERTY keyboard).

There's no plus sign in there, that's just how people write it.

The `~ key is called the "tilde" (pronounced "till duh").
 Crow_Nest
04-12-2004, 2:36 PM
You can go to your jaconfig.cfg or jamp.cfg (for MP) and type in "bind [whatever key you want] toggleconsole". Now when you press that key it should bring down the console, this method works.
 Prime
04-12-2004, 4:39 PM
That's a neat trick :)
Page: 1 of 1