Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how do you take screen shots?

Page: 1 of 1
 sora
04-09-2004, 3:06 AM
well the title explanes itself. thanks
 Lei Hng Wei
04-09-2004, 3:26 AM
Search for OJP Basic or Enhanced. Screenshots are bound to the F12 key in SP, not sure what it is in MP.
 manoman81
04-09-2004, 3:29 AM
if that doesnt work the "cheat" for it is /screenshot. You're better off just binding it to a key (I don't recomend F12 because isn't it the quick save key?) so --> bind k screenshot that way you have it handy
 txa1265
04-09-2004, 3:36 AM
Yes - F12 *is* the QuickSave key in SP.

I don't know if there is a prebind for SP, or if you just have to bind it yourself.

Mike
 TK-8252
04-09-2004, 3:45 AM
In the console: /bind <any key of your choice> screenshot

Then, press that key you chose. In your Jedi Academy/GameData/base (or if you're running a mod, in that folder)/screenshots/ folder will be the screenshots you took.
 Crow_Nest
04-09-2004, 4:01 AM
You can also save your screenshot as a .tga file by typing "screenshot.tga", but .jpg is better anywho.
 Lei Hng Wei
04-09-2004, 4:26 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
Yes - F12 *is* the QuickSave key in SP.

I don't know if there is a prebind for SP, or if you just have to bind it yourself.

The QuickSave key can be reassigned. OJP Basic/Enhanced however binds F12 for screenshots. Seeing how taking screenshots on a Mac involves shift+apple+3, I was more than happy to use a single F12 key. :D
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-09-2004, 9:21 AM
"/set cg_draw2d 0" removes the HUD (head-up display) and "SPECTATOR Choose Join from the Menu to enter the game" text if it is present. "/set cg_draw2d 1" restores it.

"/screenshot silent" takes a screenshot without the confirmation text "Wrote screenshots/shot0000.jpg" in the upper lefthand corner of the screen.

To do it all in one easy step:

/bind <key> "cg_draw2d 0;wait;screenshot silent;wait;cg_draw2d 1"

With one key bind that takes a silent screenshot with no HUD, and then restores your HUD, all in less than a second.
 txa1265
04-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei
The QuickSave key can be reassigned. OJP Basic/Enhanced however binds F12 for screenshots. Seeing how taking screenshots on a Mac involves shift+apple+3, I was more than happy to use a single F12 key. :D I run Mac and PC versions of JA, and think using a heavily used function key like QuickSave for something else is just stupid. Why not assign it to the 'E' key, or Mouse 2? Because they would mess with what people expect. Mods should enhance the game, not mess with the control scheme, IMO. I guess I'll never use OJP then.

Mike
 Kurgan
04-10-2004, 6:10 PM
I always use F5 for QuickSave, F7 for QuickLoad and F12 for screenshots.

Since you don't have saving/loading in MP there's no problem there either, I just F12 for screenshots in both.

Adding silent to it is probably a good idea if you take a lot of shots.

One problem I've noticed though lately is that the FIRST time I take a screenshot (after loading up JA) it takes a LOOOOONG time to finish (game basically locks while it takes the shot). I have to wait sometimes as long as a full minute!

The second screenshot takes instantly, and so on, but the first one is always loooooong. Is this normal?

I have a 2 Ghz processor and 256 mb pc133 ram and plenty of free disk space (but a GeForce2 GTS 32 mb video card).
 Lei Hng Wei
04-10-2004, 7:18 PM
The same happens for me. I take warm-up screenshots every-so-often depending on if I'm "feeling lucky" (MP), or loading a saved "how many dead troopers in a slash" (SP) file.

Don't know how long between shots before it lapses, but I throw away 99% of the shots anyway so click away.
 --ZeeMan--
04-10-2004, 7:21 PM
interesting piece of tidbit....but you can only have 10,000 screenshots before there is no more room available....and if you try to take another one, it'll lock up your computer...

dont' ask me how i know this...
Page: 1 of 1