Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Area creation

Page: 1 of 1
 Poggle
04-08-2004, 7:20 PM
ok i read game unlimiteds tutorial which got me started on trying to turn an area of the taris upper city into a sidequest on coruscant but i cant work out how to use the erf editor to recompile the 3 files since im editing a .rim file and it seems to only work for .mod, alternatively a way to change .rim to .mod would be helpful
 gameunlimited
04-09-2004, 7:08 AM
You do not have to recompile it back to the rim file. Just make a .mod file and put it in the modules directory, and it will work just fine.
 Poggle
04-09-2004, 9:22 AM
Thats the problem i cant work out how to recompile the files since they star as rims and the erf editor wont work on them so i need to know how to make them mod files
 gameunlimited
04-09-2004, 9:28 AM
Ah, I see what you mean. You have to extract it using kotor tools first. You will get many small fragment files of the rim modules. You edit these small files as you wish using GFF Editor. Then you recompile it back using ERF Editor to .mod files. You can also do this last step using the latest version of kotor tools too, it is under File --> Open ERF Editor, both will work fine.
 Poggle
04-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Thats exactly what i needed cheers :thmbup1:
Page: 1 of 1