Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please help me! cheats will not work!

Page: 1 of 1
 Yithian
04-07-2004, 1:38 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to these forums, and just finished JA, and want to experiment with cheats (particularly NPC Spawn cheats) but I can't get them to work. Once they worked on the Chandrilla Tombs level, but seemingly for no reason and only for a few seconds! Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to activate them (including how to enter them... enter, or shift ~ again?). Something useful would also be a list of ncps that can be spawned. Thanks (hopefully) in advance!
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-07-2004, 2:19 AM
Welcome!

Since you are new, let me give you some advice: learn to use the Search function to search the forum before posting your question. The game came out almost 7 months ago and it is unlikely that your question has never been asked (several times) before.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

If you want to duel against the machine, most people prefer to duel against NPCs (non-player characters). They are the same opponents in the single-player game. They are generally more capable than bots, and they don't just run the predetermined bot routes. Bots are better for (true) FFA, NPCs are better for dueling.

You must enable cheats, or again, JA+ Mod and other mods allow you to spawn NPCs without cheats. Just start your game, and when you get to the main menu, open the console (shift and ~) and enter /devmap <mapname> (for instance, /devmap mp/duel1). For single-player, enter helpusobi 1 in the console to enable cheats.

To spawn a NPC, open the console and enter
/npc spawn <NPCname>, such as

/npc spawn alora
/npc spawn tavion_new

They will attack you immediately, so you might want to enter /notarget before spawning the NPC so they won't see you, then move some distance away and enter /notarget again so they will see you and start fighting.

Or, if there are a few favorite NPCs that you like to duel, bind some keys to spawn your favorite dueling partners:

/bind <key1> npc spawn <NPC1>
/bind <key2> npc spawn <NPC2>

If you enter

/bind KP_HOME npc spawn alora

everytime you press the keypad Home key you will spawn an Alora without having to open your console.
 Yithian
04-07-2004, 2:50 AM
It.... still... wont... work... ARGTHH!!!!!!!!!FSKJFDSLK:JF:SLEJEFSL:!!!!! sorry for that outburst. I'v tried everything! it just refused to work! I noticed at the top of the console, however, that there was a warning message. I can't remember all of it, but at least part was objmax total set to 16 and 0. That have anything to do with it:confused:
 Amidala from Chop Shop
04-07-2004, 4:25 AM
There is a 16-vehicle limit. Are you trying to spawn more than that?
 narfblat
04-07-2004, 5:51 PM
are you giving the items space to spawn in? If you want to spaw multiple things, either turn a little or use the noclip cheat to fly high above where you are spawning.(turns off gravity and allow you to go throughwalls)

a list containing most npcs can be found by typing "dir ext_data" without the quotes. a few variations of enemies aren't listed, like granboxer.
 Yithian
04-07-2004, 8:55 PM
still will not work. I make a pleal; does anyone know of mods that AUTOMATICALLY enable cheats? none will work.
 Kurgan
04-07-2004, 10:15 PM
No need for that. Just type "helpusobi 1" in console and cheats are enabled.

If you are really lazy, you can create a shortcut to JASP.exe and add -helpusobi 1 to the command line (right click, properties, you'll see it, after the exe file is run).

Ditto for MP, just use devmap <mapname> instead of helpusobi 1.

A good way to spawn vehicles I've found is to first spawn an AT-ST (npc spawn vehicle atst_vehicle) get in, and walk around.

While looking at the ground in the vehicle, spawn the ship or whatever, then walk away in the walker, when you get far enough away the ship will spawn on the ground (make sure it's a flat surface).
 narfblat
04-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I added +devmapall to my shortcut to JASP.exe instead(for super dismemberment, add +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 to your shortcut. this doesn't seem to work for some people.) You need to put your cheats after the last "(quotation mark) in the line marked target. fun cheat to become another character: playermodel x (replace x with any npc name. becoming a "bad" npc changes your team, so use playerteam player to change it back.)
singleplayer cheats don't work with the / on my computer. try removing that.

btw, kurgan, should that be a + in your post?
 Yithian
04-08-2004, 1:26 AM
nothing. will. work. For helpusobi 1, is there a sound or change that tells you if it works? What would be really useful is if somebody could give me step by step instructions for activating first the the cheats, and then a random ncpspawn blahablahblah (and I want it THOROUGH. When your finished typing in something, do you hit enter, which moves to the line below, or hit shift ~ again to exit out. That causes the text to dissapear next time I go on the command line).
 narfblat
04-08-2004, 7:12 AM
You have to press enter. To spawn something, type in,
npc spawn alora
(replace alora with whatever you want)
press enter
you need a space after both npc and spawn for the spawn cheat. two-word npc names should not have spaces. some will require a hyphen though.

If it still doesn't work, check your game version number. Also, check what mods are in your gamedata/base folder.
 Crow_Nest
04-14-2004, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by Yithian
nothing. will. work. For helpusobi 1, is there a sound or change that tells you if it works? What would be really useful is if somebody could give me step by step instructions for activating first the the cheats, and then a random ncpspawn blahablahblah (and I want it THOROUGH. When your finished typing in something, do you hit enter, which moves to the line below, or hit shift ~ again to exit out. That causes the text to dissapear next time I go on the command line).

They wont be any sound or stuff, just type in "helpusobi" in the console and something should popup like if it says "helpusobi is 0" or simular it means cheats are not enabled.

It should say helpusobi is "1" then its enabled.
 Samuel Dravis
04-14-2004, 3:20 PM
Do it exactly like this.
http://www.trenzhost.com/files/SamuelDravis/consolecheats.jpg)

The easiest way to enable dismemberment (if the command line doesn't work) is with the OJP Basic (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3367/) mod, although you have to turn it on from the console everytime you want it. Just stick it in /base, and the new settings are in the options menu.
Page: 1 of 1