Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Character naming

Page: 1 of 1
 Mr Joshua 120
04-06-2004, 5:40 PM
Ok, so, ya know how you can hit ALT+<num> and get a special symbol? Well how come the ones that show up in Word don't match what shows up in JKA? Is there any way to find out, without going through every number, which symbols JKA does support? I know alt+145, 146, 270 are pretty common, but there were some other symbols i was looking to use specifically. Any help here would be appreciated.
 BawBag™
04-06-2004, 5:48 PM
You mean ASCII codes. ;)

You have to be careful. If your on a server with xMod, you'll find ASCII doesn't work. ;)
 --ZeeMan--
04-06-2004, 5:52 PM
Ј alt 156
§ alt 789

are two that i know of off hand
 Kurgan
04-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Charmap.exe is a program included in windows (check your cd if it's not installed or in control panel add/remove programs) it will show you every character you can type in each font and the codes.

You can also look up ascii charts on the internet and print one out to use.

I'm told JA uses Times New Roman Font (read that in another thread) so look that up and it should work, unless JA disallows certain chars.
Page: 1 of 1