Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

is there a way to combine 2 different appearance 2da files?

Page: 1 of 1
 darth makaan
04-04-2004, 3:45 AM
so i can get 2 mods using the appearance 2da file working at the same time?
 darth makaan
04-04-2004, 5:22 AM
need help cuz i got 2 greats mods that hate each other
 T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 5:47 AM
what mods are you trying to combine?
 darth makaan
04-04-2004, 6:33 AM
 Darth_Grandpa
04-06-2004, 2:49 PM
Bump.

I'd like to know too.
 Darth333
04-07-2004, 12:15 AM
I haven't checked the above mods (one of the links doesn't work) but I imagine that you have two mods using the same 2da file in your override folder.
 shosey
04-07-2004, 12:21 AM
you should be able to add the approprate lines from one 2da file to the other.

Use kotor_tool to open up both 2da files - find the lines you need to save (probably going to be at the bottom). Now, you have to copy each field seperatly (it won't copy a while line at a time - kind of crappy)

once you have your new lines from one 2da file pasted into the bottom of the other 2da file, then save in your override folder.

voila - you should have one 2da file with all the right stuff in it.

hope this was clear enough - if not, I can re-word for you later :)
 lord_blodgett
04-07-2004, 4:00 PM
You need to combine several files, appearance.2da, one for heads, and portraits.2da. Each references the other. I'll have to check the exact references in each when I get home tonight.
 T7nowhere
04-07-2004, 7:29 PM
It really is a simple thing to do, once you know how to do it that is :)

You don't have to copy and paste every feild separately, If what your trying to do is add new PC's to the player selection screen you can just copy and paste an appropriate(male/female or other) row from the appearnace.2da your editing then just change the fields that need to be changed. You will need to add three new rows if you want the PC's to be used by all the classes. so in the 2da it should look something like this:

P_MAL_B_SML_03
P_MAL_B_MED_03
P_MAL_B_LRG_03
just copy a row from one of the exsisting PC's

When it comes to adding new PC's most likly the only columns that would need to be changed is normalhead , texa andtexaevil

If you are adding new heads then you will have add a new row at the end of the 2da your combining and renumber as needed then just add the names of the textures if each column(without file extensions)

Head column:you would put the texture that is nuetral in here.
headtexvvve:last DS transition
headtexvve:3rd DS transition
headtexve:2nd DS transition
headtexe:first DS transition
headtexg:this column
headtexvg:and this colum were supposed to be for LS transitions,but were left out. I Don't think it works if you put a texture there. I have not bothered to try it out. I think Kitty did except it didn't work.

Now back to appearance.2da depending what row you new colum is (107,108 ect.)you would put that number in the normalhead column.

The last the you need to do is edit portraits.2da add a new row at the end of the list.these are the columns you need to edit:

baseresref:neutral portrait goes here
appearancenumber:the for the med(or scout class goes here)
race:6
appearance_s: number for sml(or scoundral)
appearance_l: number for lgr(soldier)
forpc: 1( say this is a playable character)
baseresrefe:first DS transition
baseresrefve:2nd DS transition
baseresrefvve:3rd DS transition
baseresrefvvve:last DS transition

remember when editing 2da's with KT to be sure to select a field outside of the last one you edited before saving.

IF you only have on texture for the head and protraite thats ok. You can place the same texture name in each field.

Ok I think that should explain how to combine PC mods.
 MTV2
08-29-2004, 12:08 AM
how can i make my PC's portrait darth revan or darth malak, darth bandon etc.:confused: :confused:
 Darth333
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Look here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122003) and here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121500) (btw I found the links by looking at T7 sticky: Do you want to mod SW-KotOR?")

If you don't want any trouble:

You can also use Andargor's Holowan cloakworks (in the tools and mods sticky) or KSE: http://www.pcgamemods.com/6692) (you can also change sounds and much more with kse to fit your new appearance).
 GamerX51
04-03-2006, 3:15 PM
I Know this is a little off topic, but I would really like to combine Shameless Poser's KOTOR Remix mod, Svosh's Bastila, Jolee, and Juhani reskins, and Achilles' Scoundrel Blaster Pack and Individual lightsaber mods, (You can get all of those mods off of the authors websites or PCGamemods.com) but I just can't figure out how to get them to work together! I've isolated the problem to the individual character's utc. files but I just Can't figure out how to edit them to get them to work! Can anyone help me?
 RedHawke
04-03-2006, 9:10 PM
^^^^
Characters utc files can be opened and edited with either KotOR Tool or a GFF Editor.

Just open them up in different windows and add the differences from one file to the other. Then save the merged one to your override, tedious I know but this is how it has to be done. Since most all utc changes are adding invantory or editing stats/feats it isn't too difficult. ;)
 GamerX51
04-04-2006, 7:21 AM
Thanks, Redhawke! :) Just one last question. I opened p_juhani.utc for Svosh's mod and saw that he has two item fields in the file, one for equiped items and another for regular items she has in inventory . Which one of the two fields should I put the lightsaber in? Svosh put the regular one in the inventory items field. Should I just replace it?

Edit: I just found out that Svosh's Bastila and Jolee reskins both use the same g_a_clothes02.uti file. How do I alter those?
 LiquidZoo
04-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Edit: I just found out that Svosh's Bastila and Jolee reskins both use the same g_a_clothes02.uti file. How do I alter those?

You could rename one of them to something like g_a_clothes10.uti. If you do that, however, make sure you change the corresponding utc file to make sure they equip the right clothes.
 Darkkender
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM

Compare these files the same way you would the ".utc" files. I'm pretty certain these files are designed to be overwritten. Have you read Svosh's readme? Because most of us senior modder citizen's ;) tend to include what files can be overwritten from our previous mods. I'm almost 98% positive that the 2 "uti" files that you have above are exactley the same down to the texture they reference.
 GamerX51
04-04-2006, 4:52 PM
Compare these files the same way you would the ".utc" files. I'm pretty certain these files are designed to be overwritten. Have you read Svosh's readme? Because most of us senior modder citizen's ;) tend to include what files can be overwritten from our previous mods. I'm almost 98% positive that the 2 "uti" files that you have above are exactley the same down to the texture they reference.

Thanks, Darkkender and LiquidZoo! I renamed the jolee file clothes04.uti and changed the utc file to reflect that. But what about the Juhani Files I mentioned? There are two of them (One named Dan13_juhani.utc and another named Dan14_juhani.utc) So I'm guessing that Svosh set up some kind of script to give the Robe. How do I merge the lightsaber mod with the clothes mod in that case?
 LiquidZoo
04-04-2006, 4:56 PM
Thanks, Darkkender and LiquidZoo! I renamed the jolee file clothes04.uti and changed the utc file to reflect that. But what about the Juhani Files I mentioned? There are two of them (One named Dan13_juhani.utc and another named Dan14_juhani.utc) So I'm guessing that he set up some kind of script to give the items. How do I merge the lightsaber mod with the clothes mod in that case?

You're most welcome.

I could be wrong here, but I believe dan13_juhani.utc is Juhani in the Ancient Grove, and dan14_juhani.utc is Juhani in the Jedi Enclave

If you don't kill her in the grove, that is
 GamerX51
04-04-2006, 5:00 PM
You're most welcome.

I could be wrong here, but I believe dan13_juhani.utc is Juhani in the Ancient Grove, and dan14_juhani.utc is Juhani in the Jedi Enclave

If you don't kill her in the grove, that is

You're Right, but I need to know how I can merge the clothes mod with the lightsaber mod. there are two files, and they both have two items fields. One for equiped items and another for inventory items. Svosh put the default saber in juhani's inventory, which confuses me. Any advice there?
 LiquidZoo
04-04-2006, 5:04 PM
I don't recall Juhani having a lightsaber equipped when you meet her in the Grove, until she attacks. Hence putting it in her inventory rather than equipping it.

I don't remember if she has one in the Enclave or not.
 GamerX51
04-04-2006, 5:08 PM
I don't recall Juhani having a lightsaber equipped when you meet her in the Grove, until she attacks. Hence putting it in her inventory rather than equipping it.

I don't remember if she has one in the Enclave or not.

So then I should just replace the default saber with the custom one in Both utc files. By the way, I just bought KOTOR 2 today! :) Any suggestions on what mods I should instal on it? :ears1:
Page: 1 of 1