Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EMI Tile (background) Viewer

Page: 1 of 1
 bgbennyboy
04-02-2004, 4:47 PM
Here (http://quick.mixnmojo.com/files/EMITileViewer1.0.zip) is my new EMI tile viewer.

For those that dont know .til's contain the backgrounds in EMI. So its a background viewer/saver.

It supports both the pc and ps2 versions of EMI as well as the demo. You can view backgrounds, save backgrounds and batch-rip all backgrounds to either jpeg or bitmap.

I've released it mainly because I was bored last week and also because John_Doe's excellent EMI Resource Viewer doesnt support the PS2 .til's and doesnt do batch ripping of .til's. Many, many thanks to John_Doe for his .til specs :)

I can also finally add a little to the .til specs:

Bitmap header:

id long "BM "
? 3*long
notiles long no of tiles
? 4*long 4 longs
format long if=16 then format=ps2 tiles, if=32 then format=pc tiles
? 22*long 22 longs

PS2 Tiles (16 Bit):

Tilesize=width*height*2
Colourdata word Colour data
Red=(((Colourdata shr 10) and 31) * 255)div 31;
Green=(((Colourdata shr 5) and 31) * 255) div 31;
Blue=((Colourdata and 31) * 255) div 31;

I've been trying to plug some of the other gaps in the specs by comparing Pc and PS2 tiles and by comparing tiles with and without the extra masking graphics. I havent had a lot of success so far though.
Page: 1 of 1