Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Confused: How to setup JK2\JKA style shaders for q3map2

Page: 1 of 1
 Scarlett
04-02-2004, 2:53 PM
I've just switched over to using q3map2, from sof2map... so i'm a bit confused about how to setup my shaders. Since Raven games use the Shaders path, and Quake III used the Scripts path (i believe), it also used a shaderlist.txt which would specify all the shaders that are to be used for compiling. But the JK2\JKA version of the engine doesn't use that, it just looks and uses all the .shader files in the Shaders path.

sof2map was all setup for how Raven has things (for how the engine expects them as well), so this wasn't an issue, but now it is...since q3map2 can't seem to find them.

So, for my question, how does q3map2 expect the shaders to be setup? Can it be setup like sof2map was... or what? How does everyone else handle that?
 WadeV1589
04-02-2004, 3:19 PM
For JA shaders go in base\shaders as you said; shaderlist.txt is still used, if you don't specify a shader file in shaderlist.txt q3map2 will NOT use it for compiling - but JA will still read the shader of course.

JA shaders don't use .tga, .jpg or any other extensions in the files; that's quite important.

Besides that I see no real problems, just get GTKRadiant 1.4 from www.qeradiant.com) and it'll come set up to use Q3Map2.
 Scarlett
04-02-2004, 3:40 PM
Ah, alright, great. Where does the shaderlist.txt file go though? In 'Shaders' or 'Scripts' or ....? I've tried it in both, neither seem valid...

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason they have the colon ( ";") set up to break the line, which i use in my naming conventions, grr...

Thanks though.
Page: 1 of 1