Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Preview in the latest issue of Game Pro

Page: 1 of 1
 outpost233
03-26-2004, 9:53 PM
 Dimensio
03-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Link works, but the pic is small.

The magazine probably went to press shortly before the cancellation notice.

If you can get a bigger scan of the article (something readable), I'll forward it to pr@lucasarts.com. I enjoy cluttering their inboxes.
 toenail1
03-26-2004, 11:47 PM
yeah, game magazines have a six week release thing, so everything in them happened at least 6 weeks ago
 Pork_Soda
03-27-2004, 2:08 AM
That is kinda odd how they said Fall, though. I mean, everyone else was pointing towards spring.

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed.
 Steve McGoiter
03-27-2004, 3:46 AM
It looks like 3 new screenshots in there, I wish I could see it beter. I hope the fall thing is true. I can dream, can't I?
 Dimensio
03-27-2004, 4:00 AM
I believe that savesamandmax.com has a larger scan of that page. I sent the full-size jpeg to pr@lucasarts.com
 Steve McGoiter
03-27-2004, 5:57 AM
 Wasobi33
03-27-2004, 7:43 AM
::crosses fingers:: this could be it guys, we could be witnessing the release of the 2nd sam n' max title! Sense the release date said fall instead of spring, theres a chance it could be real.
 TheMonkeyGuy
03-27-2004, 10:34 AM
This screenshots are beautiful. I love the shot of Sam and Max dancing :( I want this game :( :(. I've emailed LucasArts again :mad: I would like call to phone of LucasArts, but I'm spanish and I don't know talk english very well :(
 Dr Edison 007
03-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Steve Purcell works at Pixar?

Yes, not a damned thing came out of him, but yes.

And I must add, those are the most beautiful screenshots I've ever seen. It's nice to see they haven't curbed the game (as in they still have their guns and Flint has a cigarrette) from what the comics were like. I know this would of been better than HTR if they atleast gave it a chance.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-27-2004, 12:19 PM
If only you guys didn't mention that six week rule. I was about to get a bit giddy again.
 Brushguy
03-27-2004, 2:14 PM
::gets excited by new screenshots, crosses fingers, goes to supermarket to buy GamePro::

I think we're in the final stage of this depressing era, guys. The last final piece we need before the world can go back to normal is Lucasarts' apology press release, which I know is coming soon. :)

I was about to get a bit giddy again.

That would be a switch.

Steve Purcell works at Pixar?

Yes, but apparently he didn't work on Finding Nemo, cuz I watched the whole credits sequence and didn't see his name.
 Dimensio
03-27-2004, 7:25 PM
Originally posted by Brushguy
::gets excited by new screenshots, crosses fingers, goes to supermarket to buy GamePro::

I think we're in the final stage of this depressing era, guys. The last final piece we need before the world can go back to normal is Lucasarts' apology press release, which I know is coming soon. :)

You mean the release that says "We're sorry", then offersa bunch of BS and clearly bogus "justifications" for the cancel, along with a statement that you continue to trust them for more purile sub-par Star Wars franchise crap?
 Chron-O-John
03-27-2004, 9:02 PM
I think the so called cancellation of Sam and Max 2 was all just a set-up so Lucasarts could see our reactions and get a big kick out of it. They wouldn't be that dumb to cancel a game that could revalutionize the gaming industry to become more humorous and adventure-like. Rumors from these forums state that the release date is on may 6th becuase of people purchasing preorders that reveal a so called release date, and now this screenshot states the release this coming fall. I have one question though: When was this article released? Was it released recently, or is this article from before the cancelation?
 Skinkie
03-28-2004, 5:27 AM
They're really trying to add salt to the wound aren't they.
 toenail1
03-29-2004, 12:09 AM
listen I'm starting to get pissed off at most of you guys, THERE IS NO RELEASE IN FALL!!! ITS JUST THE 6 WEEK RELEASE

i start to act like synthetic more and more, and enjoy reading his posts even more every day

everybody stop speculating, LEC hates us, and they will never release the game
 SyntheticGerbil
03-29-2004, 10:54 AM
That's right. You don't want to be me. BECAUSE THERE REALLY IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME.

YOU HAVE TO BE TRAGIC ON THE INTERNET. I"M NOT DRAMATIC ENOUGH. GET AN ONLINE JOURNAL. EAT YOUR OWN ASS. IT"S ALL THE SAME
 toenail1
03-29-2004, 7:06 PM
That's right. You don't want to be me

thats right, im happy with my own life, i just agree with how you make fun of people, it makes sense to me now why you do it
 Ray Jones
03-30-2004, 7:22 AM
see, it's great that you've found your idol but sean is kind of unique, dont try to be a rather weak copy. i mean macgyver for instance is one of my idols. that means i love pocket knives and stargate-gates. but that does not mean i will start to reach up into the negative end of his gullet nor will i try to date katharina witt.

boah. i have sooo the feeling of being pantless now..
 Skinkie
03-30-2004, 2:52 PM
Now I need somebody to idolize me. Then I can push them around and feel powerful.
 Jake
03-30-2004, 4:48 PM
Steve Purcell is working on the movie "Cars" at Pixar - its the one that comes out after The Incredibles, so, 2005 or 2006 or something? Cars is the first Pixar movie since Toy Story 2 to be directed by John Lasseter.

And though people have said it before in this thread, even though GamePro has new screenshots in the "May" issue, they probably got them from LucasArts in January or February, and probably wrote the article and sent the magazine off to the press to be printed a week or two before the game got cancelled.
 sheaday6
03-30-2004, 4:59 PM
Cars will be the first non-Disney Pixar movie if i'm not mistaken
 Skinkie
03-31-2004, 2:06 AM
Actually Cars is the last Disney and Pixar collaboration before their contract expires.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-31-2004, 5:22 AM
Yeah, unique? Pgghh. You just like me for my hair.
 Live Undead
04-01-2004, 8:39 AM
So what else has Steve done besides Sam and Max and This cars thing (let's hope for none of that fish bollocks from the last pixar thing)?
 Ray Jones
04-01-2004, 9:54 AM
let's hope you can bring up something better than that fish thing, assuming that is the reason for your comment.

err.. yes your fluffy hair is really addictable, but you should not miss to be brave and shave. preferably ask a girl of your confidence to do this, maybe you can give her a shave too after that. it's fun, breezy and looks nice.
 Dr Edison 007
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
So what else has Steve done besides Sam and Max and This cars thing

Nothing at Pixar but there's a list of other things he's done on samandmax.net under the comicography.
Page: 1 of 1