Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can someone make me an item?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Kellen
03-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Can some one make a sweet assed blaster rifle with like instant kill on it. And call it Kellens Rifle.:) ??????
 dj_owen
03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
okay, it's done.

i wasn't sure how sweet you wanted the insta-kill factor, so i gave you two options (you'll see below):

base stats:

damage, energy 6-13
attack bonue +3
instant death DC 10

upgrades:

scope: instant death DC 100 (this will instantly kill EVERY character in the game), attack bonus +2

improved energy cell: massive criticals 2-12, damage bonus vs. dark side 2-12

hair trigger: ion damage 2-12, damage bonus vs. droids 2-12

beam splitter: awareness +4, dexterity +3

post your email address and i can send it to you.
 Darth Kellen
03-24-2004, 11:49 PM
thanks man your the best. kellenconway@msn.com
 dj_owen
03-25-2004, 12:06 AM
it's sent, enjoy.
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Oh! Can I have it too? Thanks
E-Mail: zhongtianhou@earthlink.net :cool:
 Darth Kellen
03-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I didn't get it can u send it again. :) thanks for making it.
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-25-2004, 1:55 PM
Here is the mod:

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/tianhou/kellens_rifle.zip)

Just Unzip and put it in the Override folder.

Cheat Code For It: giveitem kellens_rifle

(All Credits Of Making This Mod Belongs To dj_owen :cool: )
 Darth Kellen
03-27-2004, 3:28 AM
dj_owen can u please explain to me how u made the item. I just started to make gauntlets for myself and got lost. can u help me.
 dj_owen
03-27-2004, 4:21 AM
okay, to start with, i'm going to assume you have kotor tool, as well as the .gff editor (both can be downloaded from the main kotor downloads sticky at the top of the page).

i'm also going to go through it rather quickly, as you can pick it apart step by step with kotor tool open.

okay, first decide what item you want to modify (in this case, i just chose the regular blaster rifle) and find out its item code (you can find a list of every item's code at various places on the net, i think i used www.gamefaqs.com).

now fire up kotor tool, and open the tree labeled "BIFs", and then open "templates", then "Blueprints, Items".

you'll find g_w_blstrrfl001.uti, double-click it.

on the first tab, you'll only be changing one thing (everything else must be changed with the .gff editor, i don't know why): chage the tag to my_w_rifle, or whatever you want----BUT you must be consistent with this name.

next click on properties tab, and double-click the "*". here's where you add all the cool stats to the item. i don't remember all i did to your rifle, but you can do pretty much anything here, and they're mostly self-explanitory.

for fun, let's give it a +4 to damage. from property name, select "damage bonus". for subtype, select "energy". and for value, select "4".

now, if you want to make the item upgradeable, you must select properties like you normally would, but also select an upgradetype.

for fun, let's give this an attack bonus when you put in a hair trigger. select "attack bonus", and "3". then go over to "upgradetype", and select "hair trigger". now when you put a hair trigger in this item at the upgrade screen, it will add a +3 attack bonus.

finish adding all your properties, and save it--- REMEMBER the tag you changed at the begining, use the same name.

now, we're almost done, open up the .gff editor. find where it says DescIdentified. Look to the right, and change the STRREF to -1, and the language id to 0. then in the big white box, type the description of your item "this rifle is blah blah blah..."

next go to LocalizedName, and do the same, but here is where you put the name of your item. "Kellen's Rifle", or whatever.

finally, make sure Tag and TemplateResRef are the same (they won't be, you'll have to change one of them). and now save it as my_w_rifle.uti (or whatever you named it).

i know i made this sound long and complicated, but if you do this step by step, it takes about 5mins, and it is so simple. lightsabers are a little more difficult, but not much.

hope this helps.
 Darth Kellen
03-27-2004, 3:59 PM
how do we add the new properties. i can make the Damage Bonus but then what how do I add it to the list of the items Properties.:(
 dj_owen
03-27-2004, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Kellen
how do we add the new properties. i can make the Damage Bonus but then what how do I add it to the list of the items Properties.:(

i'm not sure what you're having problems with.

okay, let's say you're in kotor tool, with the item open. you go to the "properties" tab. double-click on the row with the * . you'll get the box to add a property to the item. add what you want, and then just click the "add" button at the bottom-right.

all done, the property is added. is that what you wanted? or were you looking to add a specific property?

please be as specific as possible, tell me what you're trying to do, and it'll make it a lot easier to explain.
 Darth Kellen
03-27-2004, 4:23 PM
thats the problem i dont have an add button. I know it must be there. I cant see the full window and i cant expand it. thus i cant see the add button.
 tk102
03-27-2004, 4:41 PM
In your taskbar at the bottom of your screen, right click on the KT window that you're having problems seeing. Select Maximize. That should resize the window to fit your screen correctly.
 Darth Kellen
03-27-2004, 4:57 PM
it didn't work. is there something wrong with the program.
 Darth Kellen
04-11-2004, 6:22 AM
can some one make me a mandalorian assault armour and just call it kellens armour. max the stats resistance to all. huge defense. i am talken indistructable. please and thanks:fett:
Page: 1 of 1