Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

so you wanna be a teras kasi artist?

Page: 1 of 1
 dj_owen
03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
well, i can't help you out...yet.

i had a (what i think is) great idea for a new type of fighter in-game. basically, the teras kasi fighter would equip gloves that would boost strength, and to-hit.

no problem so far, but i wanted it to get cooler than that.

i was hoping to have different sorts of teras kasi styles- like a dragon style where the fighter did extra fire damage, or an energy punch, or so on.

here's where it all fell apart. gloves don't take damage modifiers, so i was basically left with the normal punch boosted slightly by the strength and to-hit.

so i figure there are two ways to do it:

1. i'm just doing it wrong, and there is a way to get the gloves to do damage. OR maybe they did to the extra damage, and it just doesn't display (i didn't try to fight anyone with them on).

2. i would have to make the gloves equipable in the melee slot (would they still not take damage modifiers though?).

if anyone thinks this would be cool, and could help out, i'd love any input.
 shosey
03-24-2004, 11:57 PM
I"ve never tried it so I really don't know (just talking outta my ass here basically) but I think your suggestion number 2 sounds like the right road to try. Maybe once you get it equipable in the weapon slot, then you could add damage modifiers to it.

give it a try and see what happens :)

trial and error is the best method :)
Page: 1 of 1