Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable Darth Bandon

Page: 2 of 2
 Darth333
04-11-2004, 1:46 PM
Thanks! With that I should be able to complete the mod tomorrow (I have one of those annoying family parties today where everyone speaks and nobody listens)

Here are your cookies TK (http://magasin.iga.net/common/img/product/big/6672101088.jpg)

And these are for the others who tried to help (http://magasin.iga.net/common/img/product/big/6672101281.jpg)

If you're out of cookies, I'll take a thread that describes the steps required to make lipsync work in a custom-made dialog.

As for lipsync, I'm still trying to figure out how it works. T7 pointed me to a folder called lips. Inside, there is one folder for each module and in each module I noticed that there is one file for each soundfile (streamwaves) - they have the same name- but I can't figure out how to make it work with custom-made dialog. Since I do not know how to open the files. I tried to copy one of them and rename it but I can't even do that.

As long as you re-use existing sound files in their entirety, you won't have problems with lipsync. However, if you modify the sound files and\or give them a new title, you'll loose lipsync.
 T7nowhere
04-12-2004, 1:24 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I tried to copy one of them and rename it but I can't even do that.
As long as you re-use existing sound files in their entirety, you won't have problems with lipsync. However, if you modify the sound files and\or give them a new title, you'll loose lipsync.

I tryed to do the same thing. One thing I noticed With My early area experiments is that if you extract and repack the module rims as a .mod you will also lose lip sync. So that leads me to think that maybe there is an engine that does the lip sync and that there has to be a referance file in lips to the module for the sync to work.(at least Im hoping it works something like that.

I am trying to avoid the possibility that the lip sync is done in the model. It is kinda confuseing. :confused:
 Darth333
04-12-2004, 2:09 AM
We're completely off topic but I'm curious about something T7. When you repacked your module as a .mod, did you give it a new title? If yes, have you tried to rename the corresponding lip folder (the ones with a .mod extension, not the subfiles)?

I am trying to avoid the possibility that the lip sync is done in the model.

As Luke Skywalker would say: "I have a bad feeling about this". If you tried the Dustil mod, you may have noticed that sometimes I (re)use existing voice files "as is" instead of modifying them. In those cases lipsync is not lost...:(
 tk102
04-12-2004, 2:53 AM
That's exactly what I assumed was happening Darth333 -- that the .mod files in the LIPS folder all needed to have the same name as the module file + "_loc" attached.

For example -- let's look at damn14ac_s.rim file -- it contains dan14_rickard.utc (Rickard) who speaks the dan14_rickard.dlg dialog. Now, in that dialog file, check out an entry in the EntryList. The VO_Resref field contains a long string starting with "nm14acrick08". Now put the danm14_ac_loc.mod file from the LIPS folder into the Modules folder and reopen Kotor Tool -- you can browse the .mod file under ERF. You'll see that it contains .lip files that are named the same as the VO_Resref fields in the dan14_rickard.dlg.

So I think that's how a dialog knows where to find it's lipsync. Need to test...
 tk102
04-12-2004, 3:12 AM
Yep that worked.

I have a custom mod named mg.mod with T7Nowhere in it. I tried first just modifying T7Nowhere's dialog file by adding "nm14acrick08006_" to the VO_Resref field. This makes T7Nowhere say:
So I shoot it and it drops. I walk over here and find Handon standing over Calder's body! but his lips don't move.

Then I take a copy a danm14ac_loc.mod and rename the copy mg_loc.mod and place it in the LIPS folder.

Now T7Nowhere says Rickard's line with Rickard's voice AND HIS LIPS MOVE.
 Darth333
04-12-2004, 3:22 AM
Originally posted by tk102
So I think that's how a dialog knows where to find it's lipsync. Need to test...

I have more cookies...
 tk102
04-12-2004, 3:29 AM
Bring some milk too.
 Darth333
04-12-2004, 3:42 AM
Milk with a Melba toast? If that's what you want: milk (http://magasin.iga.net/common/img/product/big/5587275517.jpg)

The real cookies will go to the first person to be able to extract the .lip files named nmsomething (same name as Vo_ResRef) and bring it to another .mod folder. I've been able to extract the files but not to drop them into a new folder. I assume that if we can to this we'll be able to at least move sound files from a module to another and not loose lipsync.
 tk102
04-12-2004, 3:52 AM
You can do that too. In my example from before the following also works:
Extract "nm14acrick08006_.lip" from damn14_ac_loc.mod.
Open ERF builder and package the lip file into a new MOD file called mg_loc.mod.
Save mg_loc.mod into the Lips folder.

Voila.

Just as normal MOD files have to go into the Modules folder, the lipsync MOD files have to go into the Lips folder.
 Big_D
04-12-2004, 6:18 PM
Darth333 you rock :cool: , i can't wait till its done
 Darth333
04-12-2004, 7:18 PM
Err... just want to mention that the sound discussion was off topic so don't expect sound with this mod when it comes out. (At least not at the beginning. - of you want sound, go for the Dustil mod- )

Note: I thought I would be able to complete it during the weekend but I've been struggling with some scripts so it's taking more time than expected. Now I won't be able to complete the Darth Bandon mod this week because I'll be away from my computer until april 23 (going to the Unknown Wolrd). I promise i'll work on the mod when I get back. If you don't want to wait until this time feel free to work on it (after all it wasn't my idea).
 Doom_Dealer
04-12-2004, 8:17 PM
lol, so i go away for 4 days and when i come back its all milk and cookies, what has the world come 2 :S
 Doom_Dealer
04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
bump
any idea when this will be ready??? ive just got up to around the point in the game when you face darth bandon in my new game.
 pascalneder009
04-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
bump
any idea when this will be ready??? ive just got up to around the point in the game when you face darth bandon in my new game.

I think this will take a loooooooooong time cause darth333 is making it and he is also working still at the recruitable dustil since this is v0.5 (dark side only)
 Darth333
04-14-2004, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
bump

As i mentioned above:

Originally posted by Darth333
Note: I thought I would be able to complete it during the weekend but I've been struggling with some scripts so it's taking more time than expected. Now I won't be able to complete the Darth Bandon mod this week because I'll be away from my computer until april 23 (going to the Unknown Wolrd). I promise i'll work on the mod when I get back. If you don't want to wait until this time feel free to work on it (after all it wasn't my idea). [/B]

I could do a simple version of the mod where Bandon joins you before fighting but i don't like doing things only half way. I'll release the mod when it's completed and bug free. Given the number of people who have seen this thread, I'll start a new thread when it's done.

BTW Doom_Dealer, just keep a saved game of the point just before you meet Bandon and your problem is solved.
 greymeister
04-15-2004, 4:26 AM
Very sorry that I haven't posted any replies lately, it's finals time here so fun fun :eek:

I've been working on NWN stuff actually, but if there is still interest I'll give it another look this weekend.

Greymeister
 Darth333
04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by greymeister
Very sorry that I haven't posted any replies lately, it's finals time here so fun fun :eek:

I've been working on NWN stuff actually, but if there is still interest I'll give it another look this weekend.

Greymeister

Well, if you want to do this, i could send you the files i already edited. (2da , appearance, script to recruit bandon). I could also send you the dlg file but you will have to review it: i wrote a dialog but i probalbly entered a wrong reference in the entry or reply list so the conversation makes a loop. Just didn't had time to check it. You'll only need to set the fight-talk-fight sequence to complete the mod (and modify the dialog if you want).

Just need your answer today because i have an airplane leaving tomorrow.

(files sent to greymeister)
 Floppythegod
04-17-2004, 8:04 AM
Bandos has to be you're apprenice, and you the master, and in the end this: :lsduel:
 Amf12345
04-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Has this mod been completed?
 Amf12345
04-28-2004, 1:48 PM
BUMP for answer
 tk102
04-28-2004, 2:16 PM
Please be more patient with your bumps.
 Darth333
04-28-2004, 5:11 PM
Since i was going on vacation , i sent the files to Greymaster on the 15th of April. When I returned i PM him to see where he was with the mod but he hasn't read my message so i don't know if he's still working on it.:confused: . Now i would have time to complete the mod but i don't want him to work on it for nothing.
 alter001
05-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Is it possible to contact with Greymaster about the mod? I'm afraid nobody will complete the mod except Darth333.:(
 pascalneder009
05-01-2004, 11:39 AM
darth333 has to make it i mean look at the calo mod its dumb it has only beeeeeep boooooooop sounds :mad: and it has no picture :confused:
 Darth333
05-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Still no answer form Greymeister. I'll work on this during the weekend.

*edit* May 10, 2004: : ok it's finished reference this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128188)
 pascalneder009
05-01-2004, 11:48 AM
good if he doesn't respond then it's his problem BTW who want's one from him :confused:
 greymeister
05-07-2004, 1:01 AM
Heh, well I'm glad people I didn't make the mod for don't like it. I was going to apolgize for my absence, but I'm sure Darth can do it, college has gone into overdrive for no particular reason and I'm reading about 6 hours a day for this stupid class I'm in. So sorry but until the summer I'm pretty much screwed as far as doing anything fun goes. I'd love to get to work on some but I just don't have the time.
Page: 2 of 2