Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ATTENTION MODDERS!!! Recruitable Calo Nord?!

Page: 1 of 1
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-23-2004, 5:45 PM
Listen to me, oh great modders! It would be superb, that you could recruit the famous Calo Nord! If you are up to the task heed this:

When you would normally battle him, he suggest you team up, since he thinks it's healthier on your side.

If you are up to this TELL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
It's going to be hard.....
 greymeister
03-24-2004, 2:29 AM
I figure just add a dialogue option in the dialog when he confronts you "I'll hire you Calo" and then have him request some price based on the player's level or something (that of course is optional, it could be a static fee) and then if the player can play the only thing that needs to be decided is what slot to put him in. I've just started messing with the files this week and from extensive experience with the nwn toolset it's pretty easy scriptwise. The hardest part is finding the right dialogue :rolleyes:
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-24-2004, 3:04 AM
Just playing, and I don't know how to make it either! :p
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-24-2004, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by greymeister
I figure just add a dialogue option in the dialog when he confronts you "I'll hire you Calo" and then have him request some price based on the player's level or something (that of course is optional, it could be a static fee) and then if the player can play the only thing that needs to be decided is what slot to put him in. I've just started messing with the files this week and from extensive experience with the nwn toolset it's pretty easy scriptwise. The hardest part is finding the right dialogue :rolleyes:

Well, I'd rather have him join for free will, since it's cooler. Maybe he saw something in Malak he didn't like. I got the idea from Aileen at www.kotorfanfic.com), who wrote a story of Kotor that's not finshed yet. Her fanfic chapters 8-20 iclude where Calo joins from free will. Read it if you want. Besides, the fee thing is a bad idea since maybe you miss one credit and your chance is gone forvere
 tk102
03-25-2004, 4:49 PM
The hardest part is finding the right dialogue

templates.bif : k_h_calo.dlg

Entry 3 probably. Calo says, 1002: Sorry, I'm not in this for the credits. You're the only ones who've ever gotten away from me - I've got a rep to protect!
 greymeister
03-25-2004, 4:57 PM
Yep, this is the one from your 2nd encounter with Nord when he attacks so by changing this entry you could easily make him join you. Of course until I figure out a way to fix the Ebon Hawk problem (See Thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125631) ) I'm not able to do it just yet.
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-26-2004, 5:27 PM
*sighs* really. I just can't make mods. I ain't got the time, so I just ask if another person could make the mod.
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-26-2004, 6:07 PM
If you get teh MOD done, I beg yeh, post it here as a download!
 greymeister
03-27-2004, 6:01 AM
Well there really isn't anything to it but sometime this weekend I'll try doing it if no one else has by then. It'll just be one script and a changed dialog to put in the override folder.
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-27-2004, 8:59 AM
You could replace Juhani, HK, or T3, of which I find HK most suiting, since the "random dialogues" still continue. I used Yuthura mod that replaces T3, and she spoke a random dialogue in beep-boop style. HK is good because both he and Calo are Bloody Maniacs and Crazy Killers :lol: :amidala:
 greymeister
03-29-2004, 7:40 PM
Ok, the mod is done, you can get it here:

Originally posted by Loonies
http://home.earthlink.net/~greymeister/mods/index.html)

I'm not sure if the host has bandwidth limits or anything but it's only 133kb (130 rar'd but what the hey people like universal formats). There's a few caveats to it so make sure you read the readme. If anyone wants to extend to this version and make him recruitable at all the possible locations you can meet him be my guest :D

Greymeister
 LukeKatarn
03-30-2004, 2:07 AM
What location do you have to be at when you meet calo to recruit him?
 greymeister
03-30-2004, 3:05 AM
Maybe you should try the

http://www.kevingsummers.com/NewFiles/readme.jpg)

...but if you must know, it's Korriban.
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-30-2004, 3:54 PM
Hey Greymeister! The readme doesn't open!
 greymeister
03-30-2004, 4:00 PM
It doesn't have an extension.....so you'll have to manually open it with notepad or something...
 True_None
05-30-2004, 11:12 PM
I realize that this thread is about a year old, but I'm hoping that someone still reads it. I tried the link given by greymeister, but its a dud. I already have another post which asks for recruit mods, and I'm hoping to get a Calo Nord recruit mod. Please help.
 Loonies
05-31-2004, 2:31 PM
 greymeister
06-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks Loonies :D
 True_None
06-02-2004, 12:10 AM
I've downloaded the mod. Thanks a ton !!! :fett:
 90SK
09-19-2004, 9:12 AM
YES! I've been looking for a mod like this "for a looong time" :p
Thanks for making it!
 *Yoinked*
09-19-2004, 10:17 AM
do ya have to start a new game for it to work?
 Mono_Giganto
09-19-2004, 12:12 PM
If I had to guess it would work in any game where you have not yet set foot on Korriban. (at least in the valley)
 Darth333
09-19-2004, 12:21 PM
If Calo Nord is recruitable on Korriban , then Korriban has to be the first planet you visit after Dantoine.
 *Yoinked*
09-19-2004, 12:38 PM
THANKS A TON, now with me AS Davik Canderous as well... Canderous and Calo as his shortness, we'll wreak EXCHANGE HAVOK on the galaxy. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
:dev6: :dev7:
 Mex
09-19-2004, 1:09 PM
I'll have to reinstall KotOR and try this out some day.
 90SK
09-19-2004, 2:37 PM
I tried it out. It looks like it still needs a lot of work, but its a good start.
 RedHawke
09-19-2004, 9:06 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
I tried it out. It looks like it still needs a lot of work, but its a good start.

CaptainSkye by your statement it looks as if you are reading a little too much into what a KOTOR recruit mod is/does.

A KOTOR recruit mod just adds an NPC to your party... that's it... nothing else.

It does not automatically add all of the bells and whistles to the recruit, like the original Bioware NPC's have. It isn't a real easy task to add full dialogues and quest entries and conversations, etc.

CaptainSkye if I misinterpeted what you originally meant then please disregard my ramblings. :D

*Gets off of soapbox.*
 90SK
09-20-2004, 5:55 AM
:D No, I understand all that, its just theres a few issues I noticed, such as no portrait thingy. Also, Calo no longer speaks, and if you select him theres still a Calo npc standing next to you, causing multiple Nords (:p ). Other than that, it looks good!
 RedHawke
09-20-2004, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
:D No, I understand all that, its just theres a few issues I noticed, such as no portrait thingy. Also, Calo no longer speaks, and if you select him theres still a Calo npc standing next to you, causing multiple Nords (:p ). Other than that, it looks good!

What you are calling 'issues' in your post are some of the 'bells and whistles' I was referring to in my post, remember that greymeister made this mod back in March and modding KOTOR has come a long way since then. :)

The no portrait image, could easily be fixed by taking a screenshot cropping around Calo's face to the right size saving it as a .tga and add a refrence to it to portraits.2da then changing the recruits .utc file accordingly, this is more common knowledge now than it was back in March.

The Calo not speaking... 99% of all recruitable NPC's don't speak, or only have limited dialogues, or speak using the standard in game alien sound files, the only recruited NPC to actually speak their dialogue is Darth333's Recruitable Dustil Mod, and Darth333 has stated on several occasions that she would never do so again because it was really difficult.

The Calo clone not disappearing, scripting has come a long way since March and so has the knowledge of the script commands to get rid of those pesky clones, the fact that Darth333 made a good step-by-step Recruitable NPC tutorial has helped immensely. :D

And lastly, and sadly for the Calo Nord fans, I don't think an update for the mod is on the horizon, as greymeister hasn't posted since June, and probably has gone on to other things.
 Darth333
09-20-2004, 5:27 PM
Thanks Redhawke :)

Originally posted by RedHawke
The Calo not speaking... 99% of all recruitable NPC's don't speak, or only have limited dialogues, or speak using the standard in game alien sound files, the only recruited NPC to actually speak their dialogue is Darth333's Recruitable Dustil Mod, and Darth333 has stated on several occasions that she would never do so again because it was really difficult. Not really difficult but tough on the nerves: having to find the best "no", "yes" "I" "was" intonation among existing entries and slowing down the tracks to cut and paste at the right place was a job only a crazy perfectionnist would do... :rolleyes: :D doing it a second time would be completely insane :nutz3: ... but insane or not, the main probelm with Calo is that he doesn't have much dialogue to cut and paste from and it would be difficult to add sound without a new recording.
 90SK
09-20-2004, 5:29 PM
*bows head* I have learned my lesson, O merciful one:p

j/k, but still, what I ment by Calo no longer speaking is that when he says "You've lead me on quite a chase, but nobody gets away from Calo Nord in the end!" he doesnt actually say that. But like you said, modding has come a long way since then. Its too bad about the update, I would have liked to see this again:(
Page: 1 of 1