Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How can i make a force power target npc's ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Panglicar
03-23-2004, 9:20 AM
i've already figured it out how to make destructive force powers appear where the heal power is .. but how do i make them target npc's?...without changing the faction id of the chars..does anyone know how to do this ?

thanx
 Jackel
03-23-2004, 10:01 AM
do you want to harm the players on your team or people not in your team ?

if the people not in your team are the ones you mean check the other powers to see what they call on and try that ,

if you mean the ones in your party see what heals affects and copy that
 Panglicar
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
thanx for the part of hurting party chars...but i still don't understant how it works with targeting...i edited force kill...and now all i can do is killing myself...it's really funny... :D
 tk102
03-23-2004, 9:12 PM
It sounds like you're going to have to delve into k_inc_force.nss and do some interesting scripting to get that to work properly. I'm not sure how you target a specific NPC in your party since normally you need a hostile indicator to target a creature with a force power. Friendly force powers are generally Area effect or Self effect.

Just glancing at k_inc_force.nss, you could modify the Destory Droid portion of the SP_RunForcePowers subroutine to affect T3M4 and HK47 swiftly enough --
Here's part of the original

//Start going through all hostile droids around the primary target
object oSecond = GetFirstObjectInShape(SHAPE_SPHERE, 6.0, GetLocation(oTarget), FALSE, OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE | OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE);
while(GetIsObjectValid(oSecond))
{
if(oSecond != oTarget && GetIsEnemy(oSecond) && GetRacialType(oSecond) == RACIAL_TYPE_DROID)

If you change the if statement to
if(oSecond != oTarget && GetRacialType(oSecond) == RACIAL_TYPE_DROID)
that should do it...

And may I say, only someone who is very dark would do something like that to poor T3. :maul:
 Panglicar
03-24-2004, 6:52 AM
oh...i'd gladly would destroy t3...but i couldn't hurt hk47 :D

tk102 thanx for all the help .. but i'm really not good at scripting...maybe i'll just wait until someone will think about this as well...all i know is that those sith on manaan are really annoying :D
Page: 1 of 1