Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can someone basically put most of the best mods together in one?

Page: 1 of 1
 darth makaan
03-23-2004, 2:45 AM
?
 T7nowhere
03-23-2004, 2:54 AM
I have actually been working on that for a couple weeks now. :D

It is getting rather big though I think it's up to 40megs. Way too big for me to host it my site :( You can read a little more of what I am planning to do. All-in-one (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1474395#post1474395)

Are there any mods in paticular that you would like included.
 darth makaan
03-23-2004, 3:27 AM
damn they're too much i want in there. hmm more male and female heads, silver saber blade, padawan mod, the easy swoop racing mod, this one "Any level force power mod and the Readme file.
(For example, even if you learn Force Wave, you may still choose to use Force Push - which is usually "overwritten" by the higher level version" and more and more robes. lol all in all i'll say everymod listed here on this forum. lol.

umm if ya want.
 T7nowhere
03-23-2004, 5:06 AM
So far I have many of the best mods together a few of them are incompatible. As it stands now I have been adding npc heads to the player selection screen, the part thats slowing me down is making DS transitions for them.

But it is progressing :)
 darth makaan
03-24-2004, 2:35 AM
damn but i wish i could help ya but i'm not versed in modding.

thanks btw
 JedI_XtRmIsT
03-24-2004, 11:19 AM
hey T7 heres an idea make a weapons and equipment mod. just put the most popular weapon and equipment mods together into onelike put your sabers and DS equipment mod with shimaon's ancient set and my implant and JulesWindu's sabers and any other weapon or equipment mod in to it (note i said weapons and equipment not armor) and make a script to giveyou the items in one of the containers on the ebon except my implant which can be given in the beginning of the game. then if that works move on to robes and armor, then mods, and just try to make them all compatible not just all in one package ya know qhat i mean?

but as i stated in the beginning of this post it's just an idea
 Prime
03-24-2004, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by darth makaan
damn but i wish i could help ya but i'm not versed in modding. Perhaps you could learn and do it yourself?
 JedI_XtRmIsT
03-24-2004, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Perhaps you could learn and do it yourself?

i agree its not all that hard to learn to mod all you need is the proper instruction here u can find all the tutorials to help u get started

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124284)

and here u can find all the tools u are gonna need

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122049)

i'veonly been modding tis game for a few weeks and i've already learned quite a bit about making items and placing them in-game modding isn't all that hard its just time consuming
 Darth_Grandpa
03-24-2004, 4:49 PM
I'm doing my best to learn modding. Up to this point I've stuck with simple texture modding, but am interested in figuring out scripting.

I appreciate the work put in to providing us n00bs (I'm a fairly old n00b by the way so bear with me here) with some instruction, but in some cases it can be just as difficult to go by what is being presented.

My current "project" is right in lines with this question. I am currently attempting to splice together my favorite mods (to date). I want to include those that alter the same files (such as "appearance") It is proving difficult given my experience, but I am in hopes to have a technique worked out.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tools, code, scripts, etc that will help me figure this out? Or is it impossible to have, say, several different colors of the same armor?

All I need is a point in the right direction...or a wheelchair with driver....
 Seprithro
03-24-2004, 5:36 PM
dude? u don't want my mod in there?
 JedI_XtRmIsT
03-24-2004, 7:16 PM
not reall... don'tget me wrong its a cool mod and all but i play Jedi Outcast and Academy and prefer to be able to see the force powers in action. speaking of Jedi Academy anyone know if its possible to make some force powers (for example lightning) use both hands together like in JKA if you don't know what i'm talking about i can post a screenshot of what i'm talking about
 Samuel Dravis
03-24-2004, 7:57 PM
I know what you mean, but you'd probably have to make a new anim for that (I haven't seen one like it ingame), and that would be hard or impossible.
 T7nowhere
03-24-2004, 9:37 PM
@JedI_XtRmIsT
hey T7 heres an idea make a weapons and equipment mod. just put the most popular weapon and equipment mods together into onelike put your sabers and DS equipment mod with shimaon's ancient set and my implant and JulesWindu's sabers and any other weapon or equipment mod in to it (note i said weapons and equipment not armor) and make a script to giveyou the items in one of the containers on the ebon except my implant which can be given in the beginning of the game. then if that works move on to robes and armor, then mods, and just try to make them all compatible not just all in one package ya know qhat i mean?

I am only going to include Equipment mods that I have been give permission to include. I have'nt seen JulesWindu post since his/her mod was posted, so I'll have to see if I can get in touch. I am also not going to place anyones mods in game. If it's not my mod then it's not my place to do that, I will encourage and help anyone that wants to place their item ingame instead of useig cheats and I diffinatly don't want to have all the items placed on the Ebon hawk. It will disstract fron the story to much also all my items can already be found in the game without cheats.

@Darth_Grandpa
Are you just trying to add together the PC's(heads). If that is so then that is what I have already done I just have to finnishup. You can use KT(Kotor tool) to do what you want.
 Darth_Grandpa
03-25-2004, 3:02 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
@

@Darth_Grandpa
Are you just trying to add together the PC's(heads). If that is so then that is what I have already done I just have to finnishup. You can use KT(Kotor tool) to do what you want.

Easy for you to say T7, but I don't think I have the natural affinity you, Kitty and others do. I will keep plodding along however, and if I figure this out, I will be sure to share it.

In a nutshell. Say you have a bunch of new heads (as you apparently do). I want to add them to the available heads, not replace existing ones. Likewise, if I have some new NPC and PC skins I want to add, say for base clothing, I would like to have all available within the game...selectable if in inventory...not just be able to use only one or the other...whichever is in the override folder today.

The way it seems to be working with the current crop of mods is if you have a new head, it replaces an existing one, or if you want to add a new color armour, it will replace the one already in-game.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
03-26-2004, 3:32 AM
well like i said its an idea but i see what u mean about haveing all the stuff on the ebon that would take away from the game alot ohwell oh and u can do what ever u want with my implant as far as this project is concerned

edit: or any other project for that matter
 darth makaan
03-26-2004, 5:13 AM
wth are ya'll taling about?
 T7nowhere
03-26-2004, 6:10 AM
In a nutshell. Say you have a bunch of new heads (as you apparently do). I want to add them to the available heads, not replace existing ones.

If you want to add new heads First thing you should do is to use kitty's PC mod as a refferance to combined others. What you will have to do though if you want the head to be selectable by any class you will have to add three rows for each head in appearance.2da useing KT you can do this quite easily just right click a row you want to copy then paste in a new row at the bottom of the 2da. So if you have a new female head depending on the race you will want to add :
P_FEM_A_SML_01 = scoundral
P_FEM_A_MED_01 = scout
P_FEM_A_LRG_01 = soldier

once you have that, you need to change the number in the normalhead column. So if you adding a new head you will also have to edit heads.2da. Add a new row after the last in heads.2da, now depending on wheather you have DS transitions for the new head you will have to add the file names into the appropriate columns if you only have one then just have the same texture name in all five columns(just be sure not to add the .tga extensions or your game will crash) now at this point if done correctly the new player heads will be usable in the char select screen although they will not have portraits, So you will have to open and edit portraits.2da copy one of the exsisting player rows and change the columns if this is the first new PC head then the the numbers in appearance.2da should be 509,510,511

appearancenumber = scout = 510
appearance_s = scoudral = 509
appearance_l = soldier = 511

then to add the portraits file name excluding the extension in columns baseresrefe to baseresrefvvve.

last thing you should do is select a box outside the last you edited and save the 2da's to override do the same for all three

here is a sample of the changes I made to the 2da's for the mod Im working

Appearance.2da (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/appearance.jpg)
Heads.2da (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/heads.jpg)
portraits (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/portraits.jpg)

The way it seems to be working with the current crop of mods is if you have a new head, it replaces an existing one, or if you want to add a new color armour, it will replace the one already in-game.

If you have a skin that someone else made ,but it's is just the texture you can make it a unique armor. What you would need to do is copy the armors uti, change the number on the texture name to something unique. So if the texture name is PFBC07 change it to PFBC34 (or any number) and then in the uti you would need to change the texture Var to the number on the new texture.
 darth makaan
03-29-2004, 6:31 AM
eh?
 amote
03-29-2004, 7:53 AM
I have been thinking about releasing my "override" folder as a zip file, but I've gotten literally 20-30 mods, skins, edits, etc. to work together. I just don't want to "relook-up" all the originals to give the authors proper credit. The file is about 5MB when zipped. If its on the forums theres a good chance its in the zip.:amidala: Anyone interested?:fett:
 Prime
03-29-2004, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by amote
I just don't want to "relook-up" all the originals to give the authors proper credit. It may be a pain, but I would suggest that it is worth the effort to do this. It would be unfair to release other's work as your own, especially without you getting their permission to do so. Personally, if you have any of my mods (jedi robes), I wouldn't want them released in this manner.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you don't want to cause problems with various modders...
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-03-2004, 9:46 PM
so has any one made any progress on this mod yet?
 xxss
04-03-2004, 9:53 PM
T7, I can host.

elmoknows@sympatico.ca

Let me know when you're done. No matter how big, I'll host it.
 T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by xxss
T7, I can host.

elmoknows@sympatico.ca

Let me know when you're done. No matter how big, I'll host it.

Ok cool. I am going to release a beta of the PC's mod. just to see what people think of it. Also I feel If I don't I never will. Then all I have to do is get permission to include each authors mods and I'll put it all together.

I have been thinking of haveing 2 parts,

The first part will include the new selectable playable characters. I am tring to add a coulpe of other things as a part of it, but I have had difficulty getting it to work. And all the mods that add new weapons and armor.

The second part will be opptional mods that can unbalance or significantly alter the game play.

This has taken longer than I thought it would mostly because of some of the things I have wanted to add.

I'll do my best to have it done by Friday April, 9
 darth makaan
04-04-2004, 3:55 AM
sweet t7

what's the file size so far?
 T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 4:33 AM
as rar I think it's about 30 to 40. Im not sure I haven't actually done it all up yet. uncompressed it will be about 100 megs.
 Gen. MacArthur
04-04-2004, 4:39 AM
Wow. I just got an idea and I'd like to post. Can anyone make a mod that allows you to play as Jawa?
 darth makaan
04-04-2004, 5:12 AM
does zip compress it further?
 T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 5:36 AM
naw. rar will always be smaller than zip.
 Jackel
04-04-2004, 6:05 AM
does zip compress it further?

zip is crap for compressing files , unless it doesnt matter how big the file is

T7 ill chuck you a copy of my armour ive made/testing for mission once i have it down , should be early in the week (tuesday / wednesday)
 darth makaan
04-04-2004, 6:09 AM
would ya care to elaborate as to which mods are in there?
 tk102
04-04-2004, 7:25 AM
Off topic:
LZMA is usually better than RAR by 10% and ZIP by about 20% depending on the data type. It's not widely supported (yet) but you can use a free open-source utility called 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org) that supports ZIP, RAR, LZMA (7z), and more.
 T7nowhere
04-04-2004, 8:09 AM
would ya care to elaborate as to which mods are in there?

I have to do the rounds to double check with everyone whos mod I want to add. I am not really expecting anyone saying that they don't want there mod included as I won't be altering the mods in any way just intergrating the one's with conflicting files and packing up the rest.

heh, one thing I have discovered(well I already knew it would happen) is with the selectible npc's namely Twi'leks is if your useing a head that another npc is useing the npc won't have a head. Anyway I made a work around for it, But I might miss a few when I release it. Hopefully I won't. :)

When Im certain of what mods are going in I'll start a new thread with all the info.

If anyone has a mod that they want added or if you just want to say I can add your mods, then I encouage you to PM or email me @ t7nowhere@hotmail.com

PS. if you have a mod that has already been posted then just PM me saying it's ok to use. I already have the majority of mods out there. But I may have missed one or two and I don't want my inbox clogged with files I already have. :)
Page: 1 of 1