Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-Saber is here!

Page: 1 of 1
 jon_hill987
03-22-2004, 4:32 PM
The X-Saber, like a saberstaff with more blades.
I have just finished it and sent it to JK3files.com
but if you can't wait for it to be put on their site
you can download it here (sorry_not_anymore) (at your own risk of course, just covering
my back but it had to be said)

PLEASE NOTE: the screenshot shows an older skin. the new one is much better but I haven't got round to doing more screenshots, sorry.

If you wan't to know why it is called Darth Qollous in the menu you will have to read sabretooth's story over in fan fiction.

Enjoy!
 Ziechel
03-22-2004, 7:02 PM
AWESOME!!!!
Very nice work
plz release a saber making tutorial, or a skinning part, because that seems to be the hardest part.

10/10 4 sure :D
 Ziechel
03-22-2004, 7:11 PM
AWESOME!!!!
Very nice work
plz release a saber making tutorial, or a skinning part, because that seems to be the hardest part.

10/10 4 sure :D
 LukeKatarn
03-23-2004, 3:40 PM
Whew go X saber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
 GothiX
03-23-2004, 4:32 PM
I fail to see much use in these, to be honest.
 Xizor's killer
03-24-2004, 5:29 AM
V. Nice! Good work jon_hill987!
 jon_hill987
03-24-2004, 6:50 AM
Glad to see people like it, I can see why alot wouldn't though, it is probably two powefull for MP. that said it makes SP possable on the Jedi Master skill!

Are there any other sabers you would like to see? If there are tell me and I'll have a go at making them.

As for the tutorial, I'll write that when I make another saber. i don't know how much help I can be with the uvmapping though, its hard to describe, there must be tutorials about for that though.
 GothiX
03-24-2004, 9:41 AM
Originally posted by jon_hill987
Glad to see people like it, I can see why alot wouldn't though, it is probably two powefull for MP. that said it makes SP possable on the Jedi Master skill!
SP was easy on Jedi Master anyhow.
 LukeKatarn
03-24-2004, 11:02 AM
(I can not even beat jedi mode:D :( :eek: )
 Alegis
03-24-2004, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by GothiX
SP was easy on Jedi Master anyhow.
not for those who only know how to click 2 buttons
*left...right*

KATTAAAAA!
now i'm a real jedi

Anyways its a lot easier than JO.

About the x-saber; first 'you' say guns shouldnt be allowed cause it's not 'TEH STARWARZ EXPERIENCE", then again letter shaped sabers are made. Well it looks well done, but nothing i'd ever download unless i was paid

*poors water over this post*
 Ziechel
03-24-2004, 2:53 PM
Wahh!!! I dont know, yesterday I got this damn skinning piece and had it in the unwrapping thing but then it crashed...****

Anyway, your next saber should be a single saber. Maybe a golden colored one? :)
 jon_hill987
03-24-2004, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
About the x-saber; first 'you' say guns shouldnt be allowed cause it's not 'TEH STARWARZ EXPERIENCE", then again letter shaped sabers are made. Well it looks well done, but nothing i'd ever download unless i was paid
[/B]

R U saying I said there should be no guns? coz I'm sure I never said that. If anything JA was not as good a game as JO because you got your saber a the begining. In JA I the only gun I used regualy was the rifle, the rest were useles as you had your saber.

EDIT: Oh, i re read that, the 'you' is an 'everyone' you isn't it.

I admit your right in that case.

Oh and as to the gold saber thing, I was thinking a pool que would be the next one I do, not a very origonal idea I know but unless its been done... I would also do the two broken halves for use as double sabers.
 Kurgan
03-25-2004, 1:46 AM
Reminds me of that "Sith Sai" photoshop I did awhile back, (though of course mine had 6 blades, it was shaped like your's).

Nice job. ; )

Now for greater fanwankery, we need a mod that let's wield one in each hand...
 jon_hill987
03-25-2004, 6:36 AM
There Is one.

http://www.jk3files.com/file.info?ID=24138)

Can't say I'd use it though.
 Sabretooth
03-26-2004, 8:33 AM
Gotta hand it to ya, man! You made an exact replica of Baret Kloopon's X-Saber! Is it up at JK3Files yet?

Check out my fanfic to know about the mysterious origins of the X-Saber. PM me to know more about stuff like the Star Wars databank! (Stuff should be like, related to the fanfic. Otherwise go to www.starwars.com/databank)
 jon_hill987
03-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Well I sent it to JK3Files but I haven't got an email back yet, They did say it could take a few days though.

just checked and it is on lucasfiles.com though
 Ziechel
03-27-2004, 1:32 PM
You dont get a mail back, it took them nearly 2 weeks to upload mine, but its still a cool page.
 Glaive v.1
04-01-2004, 5:36 PM
have to agree with GothiX. don't see much point in it, but i do agree that it looks cool, (in a wierd kinda way)
 pascalneder009
04-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Great job Thumbs Up
 Darth Rythe
11-07-2004, 3:42 AM
HA HA HAhttp://www.fordlaser.com/forum/images/smiles/laughing1.gif)

Im, sorry, i think it looks dumb, just my opinion.
 90SK
11-26-2004, 1:35 PM
Its good-ish! Nice work anyhow.

Edit: OOPS! I just posted on a semi-ancient thread, after looking at the other guys post date! For the sake of my post count, I won't delete this post.
 Darth Kaan
11-26-2004, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by GothiX
I fail to see much use in these, to be honest.

Most that suck at the game do. :D
 Darth Rythe
11-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
Its good-ish! Nice work anyhow.

Edit: OOPS! I just posted on a semi-ancient thread, after looking at the other guys post date! For the sake of my post count, I won't delete this post.

A tip while your on these froums mate: Post counts dont mean crap.;)
 jon_hill987
12-12-2004, 1:21 PM
Wow, I just poped i to find out how the matrix unpluged mod was comming on (the website is down) and I saw that this had come back, I thougt it was long dead.

just to let you know (and so this post isn't just spam) I never did get round to making that pool que. never mind.
 Walruseater
03-11-2006, 10:15 PM
The X-Saber, like a saberstaff with more blades.
I have just finished it and sent it to JK3files.com
but if you can't wait for it to be put on their site
you can download it here (http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jonsgames) (at your own risk of course, just covering
my back but it had to be said)

PLEASE NOTE: the screenshot shows an older skin. the new one is much better but I haven't got round to doing more screenshots, sorry.

If you wan't to know why it is called Darth Qollous in the menu you will have to read sabretooth's story over in fan fiction.

Enjoy!

Hi! I'm new here, and I was wondering, where is Sabretooth's story located? I remember reading it once, sometime last year, and I liked it. I want to read it again, but I can't find it! I can't seem to find my way around this site :(

Edit: Oh, never mind--I just noticed that there's a link to it a few posts above my post
 Buffy
04-05-2006, 2:48 PM
 jon_hill987
07-27-2006, 5:15 PM
It suprised me to find out just how many people have downloaded the saber. I even found a Clan that used it. that made me laugh.
Page: 1 of 1