Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Screenshots OMG *soil pants*

Page: 1 of 1
 Suprosa
03-21-2004, 2:14 AM
The movie and level shots are AMAZING! Beta Station looks SPECTACULAR, I just cannot wait for this conversion to be finished, you guys are doing a amazing and unbelievably great job at this, keep up this awsome work :D
 Darth_Linux
03-22-2004, 12:24 AM
thanks!!!
 SlicerDude
03-28-2004, 12:57 AM
I once again must say that the work on this mod is simply amazing. Also, I want to say that I feel bad not helping on it, but then again, perhaps I am helping by staying out of the way and not holding up everything (I don't have a lot of free time at the moment). Anyways, I once again exhort you to keep up the good work.

Oh, and a couple comments on the Robotics Lab level. I just love the detail-specifically the way that above the acid pools there are acid marks on the walls. However, I did notice that in the screenshots it appears to be night when it's day in DF. Not complaining, though; if you think it's better that way I'd go along with it.
 Darth_Linux
04-01-2004, 4:26 PM
RE the screenshots of Robotics, it's definately daytime. in fact we are using the sky shader from the JO demo, which if you recall, was an outdoor snow mission, so the sky is perfectly suited to Robotics. probably just hard to tell from the screenshots.
 SlicerDude
04-02-2004, 1:42 AM
I was going to argue that it was night in the JO demo, but I went back and checked to be sure, and technically there is a sun overhead, but it's so dark that I'd say it was night or twilight without that detail. Still, I can't really comment on if it's suited to Robotics, being that I haven't seen any exterior shots. It looks fine for the interior ones. However, without having played the original level in a while, I remember it having harsh, bright lighting, like when the sky is clear and it's really cold but it hasn't snowed for a while. Reminds me of pictures of Antarctica. However, playing the JO demo again, I liked the snow effect so much that I'd like to see it in Robotics, but that'd require a cloudy sky. I'm sure whichever way you do it will be fine. I'm also sure that I need to go play Robotics again.
 Karrackoo
04-06-2004, 7:30 PM
thanks anyway!

Yap and that's the problem.
Snow = a cloudy sky and not bright light and sun.
I think a bit brighter than twilight is good.
Page: 1 of 1