Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How can I get Kevin Coyle's Anakin model to work in single player?

Page: 1 of 1
 EvilKnick
03-19-2004, 1:39 AM
This is skin is by far the greatest rendition of Anakin I've seen,...

I found a link from a person named "Marth" for a SP "Coyle" Anakin,...but the model looks rougher then the one on Lucasfiles.com,...the biggest problem is his spikey hair,....the one on Lucasfiles has very fine more realistic spiked hair, but the one on Marth's mod has these huge simplified black spikes that look like crap,...I dont know if the model was updated or if the guy simplified it for some reason,....

Also, it doesnt use the "movie" taunts in single player,..it uses a generic dark side user's dialogue,....

I recall seeing a thread on here about how to convert skins to work in single player,...but I cant find it, and as I recall it was too complicated for my simple illiterate mind ;)

I havent been keeping in touch with the game since I beat it twice in September and am hoping one of you has a magic link to solve all my problems

:D
 EvilKnick
03-19-2004, 4:42 AM
Anybody have any recommendations for other forums to post this thread on that have more traffic?
 Samuel Dravis
03-19-2004, 4:55 AM
Post in the JA Skinning forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=537) or the General Editing (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=156) forums. They'll know what to do.
 Prime
03-19-2004, 4:31 PM
Or you can look at the tutorial here. (http://map-review.com/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=7)
 EvilKnick
03-20-2004, 2:58 AM
Thanks guys,...hopefully my dream of playing a fully developed Anakin skin in SP will someday be realized,....
 Autobot Traitor
03-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Just be mindful that he wont be as tall as he is in the server mods. Also, when you play online, and anakin replaces kyle in sp, you will see all kyles in mp as anakin as well.
 EvilKnick
03-20-2004, 2:50 PM
Should I also be mindful of the force?:biggs: ;)

He did seem a little short to me,...but I didnt really notice,....

Havent noticed him replacing Kyle,...do you mean he replaces the multiplayer model? Because right now Im playing Vader's Castle on Vjun and it's definantly Kyle Im running around,.....

WHen i was playing a BOT match, i accidentally selected the ANakin from the customize character menu instead of the icon in the preset character menu,...

Still had the same crappy clipping errors and blocks of hair,...

Do you think it was just the individual model the person converted or do you think it's a result of the conversion and theres no way to have the high quality model in SP ?
 Autobot Traitor
03-21-2004, 7:41 PM
The way it works is this.
The Anakin model, when workingin a mod is as tall as desann. When you put him in sp, he replaces kyle in sp and mp. In mp, because it's only you who sees him as anakin, he stays the same hight as kyle. As for the model itself, you might have your settings different in sp than in mp. Check your setup because the model should be exactly as in mp.
Page: 1 of 1