Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MP colors

Page: 1 of 1
 Randon_Star
03-16-2004, 9:55 PM
Ok......Iv been seeing people with using game player models but with different colors. I dont mean team colors like red or blue i mean colors that arent selectable to the model and i havnt downloaded and skins so......I just want to ask how people are doing it, dont tell me its not possible because im seeing it more and more.

Thanks In Advance.
 --ZeeMan--
03-16-2004, 10:33 PM
ummmmmm....i don't know how to do it but in console you can change your characters clothing colors to just about anything if you know the code....which i dont
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-17-2004, 12:25 AM
At this point in the time, almost every question about this game has been asked and answered (sometimes several times) so it's a good idea to try the Search forum function to see if your question has already been asked and answered before posting a question.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu

That will bring up the character menu and you can change your custom character choices. Once you do that, you can hit next and it brings you to your saber menu, in case you want to change that, too. Just be sure to hit "exit" or "back" (or the "ESC" key a few times) instead of "begin game" or else it will start the game over!

Now, that was the easy way.

But you can also mess with it on the console, which will be a bit more work, but will give you more control over tinting, etc, if you wish:

(NOTE: this will also serve as some good basic insight for those modders interested in some insight into playermodels in case they want to make their own).

If you type "playermodel" on the console, you'll see what your current model and skin is. For example:

playermodel jedi_tf head_a4 torso_e1 lower_b1

jedi_tf is your actual model. "tf" means "Twilek Female". Other choices are:

jedi_hm (human male)
jedi_hf (human female)
jedi_rm (rodian male)
jedi_kdm (kel dor male)
jedi_zf (zabrak female)

The other parts, seperated by a space are the skins for, repectively, the head, torso and legs.

In my example, these are:
head_a4
torso_e1
lower_b1

Now, if you were to look in the models/players directory for each of those jedi models listed above, you'll see a .skin file that corresponds to each of those skin choices I just listed. If you look at the names of all of those .skin files, that will give you a list of all the valid skins for your chosen model (I'll list all of these below).

So, to change your model or skins, just type in "playermodel" followed by the model you want to use and the appropriate skins. For example, to switch to the human male model's first skin, you'd type:

playermodel jedi_hm

NOTE: if you change sex, you need to let the game know this so that is uses the proper sounds. To do this, type:

snd jaden_fmle
sex f

If you're switching to a female model or:

snd jaden_male
sex m

If you're switching to a male model.

Finally, you can also mess with your skin/clothing tint (twilek model tints the skin, all other tint the clothing).

To see your current tint, type:

playertint

You should see something like this:

USAGE: playerTint <red 0 - 255> <green 0 - 255> <blue 0 - 255>
playerTint = 255 235 100

The first number is red, the second is green and the last is blue. The valid number ranges are from 0 (absence of this color) to 255 (full brightness for this color).

Setting all three to 0 would tint you black, setting them all to 255 would tint you white. In between that is any color you can think of. The way it works, in general, is this: red+green = yellow, red+blue = purple, green+blue = cyan. Messing with the relative values for each will give you the hue you want, messing with the overall size of the numbers will give you the brightness/darkness you want. To change to, say, a light red, you'd type

playerTint 255 128 128

NOTE: the Twilek skin already has a light green base (you can see what this color is by setting playerTint to 255 255 255), so keep in mind that the playerTint you set on her model will be modifying this base color... for the clothing tints, their base color is grey, so you'll get exactly the color you type in.

For each jedi player model, here are the valid skins for the head, torso and legs:

MODEL:
jedi_hf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_hm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_b1
head_b2
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_d2
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_kdm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_rm
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_tf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_a2
head_a3
head_a4
head_b1
head_b2
head_b3
head_b4
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1

MODEL:
jedi_zf
HEAD:
head_a1
head_b1
head_c1
TORSO:
torso_a1
torso_b1
torso_c1
torso_d1
torso_e1
torso_f1
torso_g1
LEGS:
lower_a1
lower_b1
lower_c1
lower_d1
lower_e1
 shukrallah
03-17-2004, 2:08 AM
I remember a long time ago, someone posted about the color you are in a duel, i would assume that you can change it in the area that you highlighted? keep in mind, im using human_merc/racto as my playermodel (lannik racto from SP)
 Randon_Star
03-17-2004, 2:20 AM
thanks for the post amidala ill try it out.....
 Randon_Star
03-17-2004, 8:42 PM
I NEED HELP
it works but not im multiplayer, every time i type my playertint in it just says it in the chat....is there any way to get around it? do i have to add something in for mp?

please help,
 Kurgan
03-17-2004, 9:01 PM
In the console (while playing) type:

char_color_green #
char_color_blue #
char_color_red #

Where # is a number from 0-256.

Note that the char_color thing ONLY works for the "custom Jedi" not for the regular MP skins. With those you can only do the red/blue or regular.

There are some hidden skins, and for those check the "Not Enough Customization for Full Version" thread sticky.
Page: 1 of 1