Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Wordeee
03-15-2004, 5:43 PM
Hi all,
This game sounds like its going to be every Star Wars fans dream. I never thought i would want Fall to come so quickly after such a long winter here in Canada... lol. Anyway ill cut to the chase here. My question is about the multiplayer. Im a big MOHAA fan and love hosting games. I keep my server clean and kick and ban any cheaters. When Call of Duty came out i was very much looking forward to a change...couldnt wait to host. But oh no...Call of Duty requires you to have a Dedicated server in order to be listed at gamespy or in the ingame browser. Very disappointing. As i will be building another computer soon, this wont be a problem but, do you think Battlefront will go the same route? Needing a dedicated server, or will you be able to host from your machine and be published in gamespy? I sure hope so! Any insight into this would be great! Thx guys in advance, i appreciate it!
Scott
 Alegis
03-15-2004, 6:51 PM
that depends on which engine it's made, and i haven't seen that Q anywhere yet (shame on you reporters!) though I guess it's the Quake engine again from ID software, and if that is the case then i'm afraid it has to be a dedicated server so others can join it. If you make a server in-game it's to play with bots

a dedicated server doesnt require you to run the game, and if you close the game the server wills till be up. It's much better. You can run all the kick commands from the ded server window or in game using rcon commands
 Sounds Risky
03-15-2004, 9:29 PM
It's using a new engine designed specifically for the game.
 Wai_TungLeung
03-15-2004, 10:06 PM
yeah that is strange, I saw two threads where somebody said it was based on the quake engine. I dunno what gave them that idea because I always thought it was going to be a brand new engine.
Page: 1 of 1