Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

unable to authenticate original disc

Page: 1 of 1
 redwookie
03-15-2004, 12:15 PM
hi all, i get this message when i try to play the game. install went ok, i have patch 3.01 & i have been running the game w/ varying degrees of success fo 2 days now. (since saturday)
i have tried different cd drives, same message. my char is level 7, i dont want to reinstall but i cant get into the game anymore.
i do not have a ripped cd, i am kinda thinkin' i got a bad cd and it only reads intermittently. is that possible?

i also get BSOD "IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO" after a random crash. any ideas?

thanks for letting people post their probs here for free, it is an invaluable service.
 redwookie
03-15-2004, 3:59 PM
sorry, forgot to include sys specs in above post:

amd 2000 (1.6ghz)
512MB crucial
Nvidia A7n266 MoBo
128 MB radeon 9200
(1) LITEON CD drive, & (1) no name cd burner
WinXP Pro
 Boba Rhett
03-15-2004, 4:21 PM
If you haven't already, update the drivers for your Radeon card. :) That usually fixes this problem for people.
 redwookie
03-15-2004, 5:01 PM
thanks for replying, however i have the most up to date driver dowloaded directly from their site.
any other ideas?

is it a bad idea to run a ATI graph card w/ a Nvidia mobo?
i have had the same BSOD error trying to play Icewind Dale (another bioware game) also.
 -Guyver3
03-28-2004, 8:07 AM
Originally posted by redwookie

is it a bad idea to run a ATI graph card w/ a Nvidia mobo?

thats like pitting a semi and skateboard in a chicken fight match, it just doesn't work, ATI and NVidia do not like to go together, i would suggest get an NVidia card, or a board that supports ATI
 Renegade Angel
10-01-2005, 9:01 AM
Sorry for bumpbing, but for future players who get this problem, put your disc in th eother disc tray. (If you have to drives) Simple.
Page: 1 of 1