Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Upstairs

Page: 1 of 1
 patheticloser37
03-15-2004, 2:33 AM
Does anyone know what happened upstairs before the game? I want to go upstairs but the say there was an accident.

Plus: what is everyones best time for beating the game. I got one hour, but I'm trying to beat that.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-15-2004, 4:59 AM
MAN ONCE I GOT THE SECRET CODE UPSTAIRS AND THE ACCIDENT WAS THAT I HAD BEAT THE GAME IN 30 MINUTES!!!!
 Captain Gonzo
03-15-2004, 8:03 AM
I always assumed the 'upstairs' thing was just a little joke without any backstory to explain it, but maybe something happens in a comic story (I haven't got a complete collection yet).

As for beating the game, with adventure games I don't really try to race through them. There's not really any point in doing a 'time trial' because you miss out. Maybe when me and my brother first played them I wanted to stay ahead, but now I play through at my own pace, looking at lots of stuff and checking out all the conversation topics, getting the maximum out of the game.
 Dr Edison 007
03-15-2004, 9:24 AM
I've read all the comics and their is nothing about the upstairs in them. All it is is a joke (which I found pretty funny my first time through.)
 Brushguy
03-15-2004, 12:44 PM
It's just supposed to be one of those unexplained jokes, sort of like Guybrush and his fear of porcelain... ;)
 Ray Jones
03-15-2004, 1:17 PM
yep, it's funnier this way.

btw.. i accidently played DOTT through in 1 hour, i just wanted to show all the gags to a friend and i was like "oh you have to see this and that and OH wait there is another one i'd like to show you!" .. BAWANG! and end of the game.

a mistake i surely wont do twice, man you have to enjoy the landscape and the jokes, it must melt SLOWLY into your brain so that you never ever forget not one little scene.

and after all it's not an action game.
 Chron-O-John
03-15-2004, 5:00 PM
I think there is a reason why guybrush hates porcelain, I think there was a time when he got his head caught in a porcelain vase.
 toenail1
03-15-2004, 7:18 PM
the upstairs is just for a gag, which i found hilarious

plus, it goes good with the setting (crappy building, then the boss shooting the one guy)

i swear i read somehwre saying that in S@M:FP, we would be able to go upstairs

... but maybe i was just hallucinating or somethin
 Skinkie
03-15-2004, 8:58 PM
That's ridiculous, they don't go upstairs. End of story. ... or is it?
 toenail1
03-16-2004, 12:32 AM
cue dramatic music at the end of skinkies post

BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
 JBlink
03-16-2004, 2:04 AM
No No No. Flint is not the "boss". He is more of a partner than anything else.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-16-2004, 4:31 AM
They are crazy narcs, I know it Jblink.
 Ray Jones
03-16-2004, 6:39 AM
and just for the record, it goes TUM TUUMMMM TUUUUUMMMMMM!!
Page: 1 of 1