Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

preview in XBN

Page: 1 of 1
 oback
03-14-2004, 6:29 PM
XBN got a pretty interesting look at the game, i give a few of the things they said (march addition)

"Rebel pilots are wimpy, but tehy can repair ships and also use grappling guns to hoist themselves up to the underbelly of the huge AT-AT to blow it up with explosives"

"Even with its multiplayer guts not fully intact, Battlefront hints at a great time in the making. It's Hard to tell how the game's framerate will turn out, but Tso says 30fps is a sure bet."

"A game like this sinks or soars based on the stregnth of its vehicles. Battlefront certainly does not disapoint. Here, players will be able to mount and ride tauntauns, X-Wings, snowspeeders, AT-STs, and spider tanks, among others. Certain vehicles accommodate two players, one driving and one manning the guns-and the larger units, such as the Empire's AT-AT's, will be able to transport units above and behond the two-man crew"
 oback
03-14-2004, 6:33 PM
if theres any other questions about the article feel free to ask, i got like 3 gaming mags today and 2 of them have stuff about SWB, so il see wat i can come up with. O and you should go pic the mag up, some nice screens
 Hermie
03-14-2004, 8:00 PM
if you have a scanner, I would really apreciate if you put up some pics. dont mind copyrights......
 pink lightsaber
03-14-2004, 8:27 PM
yeah that would be great thanks
 oback
03-14-2004, 11:08 PM
my scanner is night working atm.... sorry guys and gals
 Wai_TungLeung
03-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Now this does sound good, riding a tauntauns sounds appealing. The "spider tank," must mean AT-MT from the Jedi Acadamy series which if is true will be the first reference from EU.
 Thrawn
03-16-2004, 1:01 AM
I thought the spider tank was the Seperatist tank on Geonosis in Episode II? It literally does look like a spider, with one big turret in the front.
 pink lightsaber
03-16-2004, 1:28 PM
if you look at the star wars site it says that those are not vehicles but are droids(forgot the name:( )

Out
 dark jedi 8
03-17-2004, 1:42 AM
was their any mention of the special units. (I.E. bothon spies, destroyer droids, imperial officers. ect...) :D
 Mountainforest
03-17-2004, 1:35 PM
Do they tell more about the vehicles?
Page: 1 of 1