Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boycott LucasArts @ E3

Page: 1 of 1
 mkygod
03-14-2004, 1:48 PM
Just an idea. As you may know, E3 is coming up soon in May. It's the most popular gaming related event in the US and im sure LucasArts will have quite a booth presence there (probably promoting Starwars Battlegrounds and RepublicCommando).

What im proposing is getting people to boycott LucasArts @ E3. This includes E3 attendees as well as convincing press media to ignore LucasArts completely. These include reporters from popular gaming sites who will undoubtly will be at E3 such as Gamespy, IGN, Gamespot, and Firingsquad just to name a few.

Perhaps we can even hold a Picket line protest outside of E3? Regardless, i think we should somehow make a statement at E3. Gaming companies take E3 very seriously, it is a big industry event and gives gaming companies a chance to gauge their audience (like film companies do with movie screeners, but on a bigger scale). So if we want to "hit them where it hurts", i think E3 is an oppurtuned place to do it.

Im just not how sure how viable these ideas are. Convincing the press not to cover LA @ E3 would be very hard to do, because more E3 coverage will give them more hits and $$$. And also most people, especially the starwars fanboys, will show up at the Lucasarts booth regardless.

What do you think?
 Samnmax221
03-14-2004, 3:36 PM
And start a fan roit?
 Gabez
03-14-2004, 3:37 PM
I know that someone is going to be wearing a Sam & Max 2 t-shirt this year for e3. Get the design here http://wwhs.fangames.co.uk/tshirt.gif)

Seems like a pretty good statements to me. ;
 Jester
03-14-2004, 4:03 PM
Beautiful.
 Skinkie
03-14-2004, 6:08 PM
Getting the companies to go along with this plan will be hard, but sounds like a good idea to me.
 Dimensio
03-14-2004, 7:00 PM
I'd considered the possibility of visitors to E3 doing things like that. Perhaps going up to the LucasArts booth and saying "That game looks really promising and fun. When is Mike Nelson going to cancel it to shift the budget to another sub-par Star Wars title?

But don't forget to write postal letters! That will have a much more direct impact!
 toenail1
03-14-2004, 11:52 PM
When is Mike Nelson going to cancel it to shift the budget to another sub-par Star Wars title?

i would DEFINITELY say that

now only if i worked for a gaming website or mag, or if i dont work for one (which i dont) have 200 dollars to get in, or lived near california

hmmm things arent going to good, but ill get in there someday
 mkygod
03-15-2004, 3:31 AM
I posted up my idea on the justadventure.com forums too.

People have replied that someone could dress up as Sam & Max and stand next to the LucasArts booth all day, i think that would be hilarious, as well as be effective reminder. And also simple things like going up to the LA booth and asking questions about Sam&Max, to show that we havent forgotten them.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-15-2004, 5:02 AM
When is E3 anyways?
 toenail1
03-15-2004, 7:13 PM
or someone could dress up as darth vader and pretend to beat up max right next to their booth :p

and he could be wearing a sign saying "LEC kills good games"
(or possibly something a little more snappy than that)
 Skinkie
03-15-2004, 8:59 PM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
When is E3 anyways?

End of April or begining of May I think, sometime around then.
Page: 1 of 1