Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Asteroids servers???

Page: 1 of 1
 StaffMaster
03-14-2004, 1:49 PM
excuse if this has been discussed already but where can i find some??
 Crow_Nest
03-14-2004, 1:55 PM
Use the All Seeing Eye, its great for looking for servers.
 StaffMaster
03-14-2004, 2:00 PM
duhhh

*smacks himself with stupid stick*

thanks guy:D
 AIVAS
03-14-2004, 6:57 PM
I find them with ASE, but when I use in game browser, I still get only a fraction of all the servers on ASE, so I find them with ASE, and TRY to connect to them using asteroids.bat, so that kill messages won't be messed up.
 StaffMaster
03-14-2004, 7:36 PM
I THINK IT SUCKS THAT YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO A THIRD PARTY BROWSER TO ENJOY RAVENS PRODUCTS.
 StaffMaster
03-14-2004, 8:03 PM
"Amidala's ASTEROIDS SPACE COMBAT server, which can be found in the in-game server and also on the All-seeing eye, but even then, its suggested that you use the in-game server since your game MUST start with the +set fs_game asteroids command parameter or the mod will NOT load properly."

????
 Kurgan
03-14-2004, 9:02 PM
Actually the 1.01 patch should allow you to see "all" of the public JA servers (except the ones that have really high pings and are therefore filtered out).

While Asteroids was worked on by Raven, you shouldn't need ASE to find servers if they exist.

Be patient, it just may take time for the mod to catch on with the community at large as the word is spread and people realize how to run it.

After you extract the files using the subfolders option checked in winzip (which you should do anyway in most cases):

Simple rule of thumb: To play asteroids, run the asteroids.bat file, to HOST asteroids run the asteroids_ded batch file.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if you're trying to host under linux. If it's not in the readme(s), ask Amidala...
 AIVAS
03-14-2004, 9:23 PM
Before the patch, I got almost no servers, after it, I got a good ammount, but compaired to ASE I was getting just over a third of them, and normal ping ones too, and I've heard of other people having this problem too.
 StaffMaster
03-15-2004, 8:53 AM
what is ASE doing so different that the ingame browser can't emulate?
 Crow_Nest
03-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Because ASE has better search resaults, search players, list according to country, tells you when a friend (buddy) is online and on what server..... etc
 Andy867
03-15-2004, 3:21 PM
ASE doesnt filter out high ping servers, unlike the in-game browser which even says like 81 servers not listed for having pings over 800 or something.
 Kurgan
03-15-2004, 9:50 PM
The trial version of ASE sometimes prioritizes server refreshing for registered users (at least that's what the program has told me sometimes).
Page: 1 of 1