Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MD3 problems

Page: 1 of 1
 IG-64
03-14-2004, 9:12 AM
OK, I got the MD3 exporter for max 6 and i'm having a few problems:

I can import them to radiant fine, but it doesn't read the texture I assigned it, ending up in a "shader not found".

And, I think its possible to animate an MD3 but I can't figure out how, I can only export 1 frame.

Anyone?
 WadeV1589
03-14-2004, 2:07 PM
The MD3 plugin for Max 6 is buggy...well it wasn't designed for JA and the way it reads texture paths. I've got a fixed one I can email to you if you like, just send me a message using these forums.

Although for models in the map itself you should export to ASE using the following:

First off is the naming of a material in Max, it has to be the relative path from base. You know the material slots? How they default to being called "Material #1" and so on? THAT is where you type in the texture path that Radiant will read; for example models/mapobjects/myobject/mytexture. Note the lack of any file extension!

As for animating an MD3, yes you can if it's not going to be a model you use in a map. Map models are baked into the BSP making animating them impossible, you can animate GLM's and use a special type of misc_model to read in a GLM but tbh I don't know how to get that to work.
 IG-64
03-14-2004, 8:13 PM
Thanks, very good info, i'll PM you my e-mail if you feel like sending it to me.
Page: 1 of 1