Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ship patch?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sodak
03-12-2004, 9:05 PM
I saw a map with people flying X wings and TIE bombers. Whats the name of this mod or patch? Thanks for your responses.
 PR-0927
03-12-2004, 9:36 PM
Umm, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy came with some ships. They were going to be in Single Player and Multiplayer maps, but Raven just ran out of time. This is no mod. Go to a cheat website or www.jk3files.com) and get a npc spawn list, they have all the vehicles that came with the game listed.
Also, Kotor_flight_school introduced us to many new vehicles. People are actually now MAKING vehicles. I would too, but I know zip about any of that. Siege Star Destroyer was going to be a Multiplayer map by Raven, but it was just released. And now they have Asteroids TFFA and Siege Star Destroyer 2.0.
No offense, but PLEASE visit sites like www.pcgamemods.com) and www.jk3files.com) and www.lucasfiles.com). Lucas Files and JK3 Files are very slow compared to PC Game Mods. Meaning they get mods slower, and they sometimes don't get a lot of them. Kotor_flight_school_final (it isn't the final version, there will be another version) is only at PC Game Mods. JK3 Files and Lucas Files don't have it yet and probably never will.
:fett:
 Sodak
03-12-2004, 9:41 PM
Thankyou for your help sir, Star Destroyer Siege has new ships in it? I will download it immidiately, Thankyou agian.
 TK-8252
03-12-2004, 10:38 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4533) Here, download this. Yes, it has new ships!
 Kurgan
03-14-2004, 1:02 AM
Siege Destroyer was originally planned for release with JA, but scrapped at the last minute due to lack of time.

A lot of REMNANTS of this scenario are left in the game's code, which people quickly enabled through cheats and tweaks.

You could always use vehicles (X-Wing, Z95, TIE Bomber, TIE Bomber2, TIE Fighter, Lambda Shuttle, Swoops, AT-ST), but the ships were left out on purpose (cheats only) for this reason.

Fast Forward a year, and Raven (with the help of some guys from the community) polished up Siege Destroyer and released it unofficially for the community for free.

This was the map pretty much "as is" except they had removed the "inside the ship" scenario that was never really what they wanted and fixed some of the bugs and made it playable. It had features not seen in anything like KOTOR before like ship targetting, radar that showed more than just friendly ships, free floating destroyable asteroids, hyperspace warping, etc.

It features four ships, all ones that could be used in the game with cheats previously.

Of course this wasn't the end.

A little while later this same team released ASTEROIDS which is a mod that adds four more flyable ships (TIE Advanced, TIE Interceptor, A-Wing, Y-Wing) along with a TON of tweaks, fixes and things. Ship handling is greatly improved over the ships in the base game.

As an added bonus ASTEROIDS included a NEW REVAMPED version of Siege Destroyer (Star Destroyer Attack 2.0) which included all the features and fixes of Asteroids plus balanced for the new ships (and including a Shuttle for the Imperials) and a more challenging mission (8 minutes to win instead of 20).

Through cheats you can use a tweaked version of the YT-1300 as well. While still buggy and unbalanced, the ship is a lot easier to use and more useful than it was just using the tweaks some people had released previously.

Trust me, playing with vehicles spawned in through cheats and playing this are worlds apart.

Grab Asteroids here, it's what ship combat was INTENDED TO BE in Jedi Academy all along.

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=464)
 razorace
03-14-2004, 3:27 AM
Uh, not to shoot down you bubble Kurgan but I personally scanned thru the Asteroids source code and there's nothing in there that I could see that really affects the vehicle handling.

I beleive those tweaks were actually thru vehicle file modification and the v1.01 patch.

If you want, I can post the txt file that describes what exactly was changed.
 Andy867
03-14-2004, 6:03 AM
WEll, to respond on lucasfiles for majinrevan, Lucasfiles doesnt have KOTOR Final because it was never SUBMITTED to Lucasfiles. We have a policy that only the AUTHOR, in this case KOTORMJay who is a good buddy of mine, would have to be the one to submit the map. However, lucasfiles is planning a new layout which should greatly improve file posting process.
 razorace
03-14-2004, 9:22 AM
That's great. Any clues on what the new layout will feature?

While you guys are at it, could you please make is so you can see the lastest file posts/popular d/s by game (and with a list longer than only 10 files? Onlying being able to see the 10 lastest files/popular d/ls for the whole site is totally useless, especially when the file masters are posting in batches of 10+ files.

Plus, frankly, the form filling system is a pain in the ass. Having to fill out a form for one d/l site that has delayed posting just isn't worth it, especially when they don't even do reviews.
 Kurgan
03-14-2004, 7:13 PM
I beleive those tweaks were actually thru vehicle file modification and the v1.01 patch.

If you want, I can post the txt file that describes what exactly was changed.

If you say so RA, I just assumed they were since they felt (to me) easier to control. I could be wrong about the actual code changes ("a generic overall vehicle handling improvement").

Thanks for the correction.
Page: 1 of 1