Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sponsor for the savesamandmax website?

Page: 1 of 1
 lagamorph321
03-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey all,

EDIT - don't link just yet - the new improved website is on it's way. Keep those sponsor ideas to yourself! :-p
 SyntheticGerbil
03-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Maybe we should get a bill passed through Congress about it at this point?
 Pork_Soda
03-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Yes, if the government got invovled it would either help us grealty, or **** us over. ;)

I think if their was a sponsor it would be great, but I have no clue where you're going to find one.
 lagamorph321
03-12-2004, 12:49 AM
There's already someone sponsoring the site. A host has been found for the site, so the samandmaxfiend can concentrate on all the emails he's getting about the site ;-)

I think Congress is too busy trying to pass that bill to ban obese people from bringing lawsuits against fast food chains.

Maybe one of the big game mags sites will provide a link to the site. (now up to over 9000 hits). Supposedly, gamespot gets millions of visitors. If just a fraction of those people start writing lucasarts, they'll never get to my daily email and that's fine with me!

Keep up the good work all - write an email to pr@lucasarts.com and sign the petition, which has hit 16000? wahoo!
 samandmaxfiend
03-12-2004, 8:55 AM
hey lagamorph lets not try and get people to link to the site until the redesign is done and its looking a little more professional.. and that counter is only counting unique visitors!! so it only counts you once no matter how many times you view the page...
 JanB
03-12-2004, 10:04 AM
I have a Server with 5GB traffic, think that should be enough, but I think moving the domain would just cause a lot of work, so maybe you put a forward to some webspace I give you. this way the download per hit will be minimal.
let me know...

Jan
Germany
 Pork_Soda
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
I just wanted to know what people had in mind for making the site look more professional. I would imagine navigation stuff...
 Chilli87
03-12-2004, 2:16 PM
Pork, you know who this is and you may be a little p'o'ed at me but thats too bad. I'd like to say that you are doing a great job and i'm behind you 100%. Keep up the good work and I hope you achieve your goals. "YOU CAN DO IT!" If you need any help (for saving sam&max) then you can count on me. (Even if it means donating money!) I have faith in you boy'o'!
 Jester
03-12-2004, 7:46 PM
I think taking off the ripped unofficial (http://www.samandmax.net/index.php?section=freelancepolice) picture (http://www.savesamandmax.com) would certainly make it look a bit more proffesional.
 lagamorph321
03-12-2004, 8:59 PM
Didn't mean to step on any toes. I'll keep my promotion of the site down for now. It's just that there are so few places where you can actually get all the info that the 'site' has. I'm sure the rework will kick @ss :-p

Which picture are you talking about? I would guess the one with Max getting run over by the lucasarts guy? hee hee.

Just promise to never post a comic chronicling the secretary punching Mike Nelson for the angry fan ;-)
 samandmaxfiend
03-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jester
I think taking off the ripped unofficial (http://www.samandmax.net/index.php?section=freelancepolice) picture (http://www.savesamandmax.com) would certainly make it look a bit more proffesional.

it was a hastily put together website to try and co-ordinate peoples efforts.. i just wanted sumthin up online..
 Samnmax221
03-13-2004, 11:05 PM
I think going into the Star wars forums and pissing them off untill they threaten to ban us would be good
 Jester
03-14-2004, 5:36 AM
You think wrongly.
 edlib
03-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Yeah, what good would that do? Star Wars game fans had nothing to do with this game being cancelled,.. and many of them were looking forward to this game as well. I know I was.
This was a corporate bean-counter decision,.. and lashing out at other gaming fans who have no power to change anything seems like a waste of energy and resources.
 Dimensio
03-14-2004, 7:02 PM
If you want to do something, mention the savesamandmax.com site as casually as you can -- preferrably in the "signature" of postings in any forums where you can have signatures.

Also, write physical letters to LucasArts. If you actually want to have an impact, that's the way to do it.
 Samnmax221
03-15-2004, 12:23 AM
yah your right
 samandmaxfiend
03-15-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah i think sending letters in the mail is the next step..also sumthin is being planned for E3
Page: 1 of 1