Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Script Help Again

Page: 1 of 1
 SSJ3Goku
03-11-2004, 7:44 PM
Ok sorry about this but I'm almost done with the Darth Bandon Recruitable mod but I don't know how to edit the dialogs or have it to where It recruits him. Can someone help me with this.
 SSJ3Goku
03-11-2004, 9:44 PM
So can anyone help me here.
 Helodermatid
03-12-2004, 6:04 PM
The procedure for editing the .dlg files varies with the editor you are using. Right now, I don't know of any editor that fully support swkotor's VOs fields yet (hopefully Fred will add a dlg editor to his TODO list :) ) For now you can either use the GFF editor, NWN toolset, or the standalone dlg editor for NWN called SpeakEasy (downloadable from http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/leto) ). As I mentioned, if you're using these latter two editors, you might run into problems keeping the original VO's if you edit the existing dlg files. However, if you make a new dlg files, these editors will work fine.

For dark Bandon, the dialog files that are used when he confronts you are called from a trigger script. So if you want to fight him first, then have him surrender, then the conversation after he surrenders can be in a totally different .dlg file. This means that you can start a fresh .dlg file without editing the original ones.

I'm not sure if I answered your question or not, but feel free to ask again if you need clarifications about anything.
 T7nowhere
03-13-2004, 1:19 AM
Thats a nice little app. I wonder if there would be a way to get it to read the dialog.tlk sa that it could be used to edit game .dlg?
 Helodermatid
03-13-2004, 1:29 AM
Yeah would be nice if it can read dialog.tlk. The source code is included, but too bad I don't know enough of the delphi language to modify it. Maybe someone else here could though.
Page: 1 of 1