Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront Multiplayer.

Page: 1 of 1
 WolfwoodCross
03-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Does anyone have any idea on any possibility of an Offline Multiplayer mode? As an avid console and online PC gamer, I can easily say as much as I enjoy online gaming, theres nothing like have a group of retarded friends over to smash each other up on the Big screen.

Lately, we've become fans of Conkers on old N64, actually :D

I can only hope there is some form of 4 player offline multiplayer for offline gaming. I certainly plan on participating online, but for when my group of goofballs comes over I want to get into that loud couch-based free for all.

PS - I'm finally glad to see the Star Wars game I always wanted is coming. After SWG, I was a little disillusioned. Now things look to be getting better with SWBF. I cannot wait for this game to come out.

:evanpiel: <--Evil Pink Yoda
 Glacius1
03-11-2004, 1:20 AM
I have never seen a PC game with MP facility, that does not also have a LAN option, which is what you want. The chances of the game coming out without LAN is zilch, meaning you can be rest assured you will be able to play with just your mates at your house or whatever.......provided you all have computers and the required software to play LAN:)
 WolfwoodCross
03-11-2004, 2:18 AM
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring to the console versions of SWBF.

Will there be a four player split screen mode on one TV, a la Goldeneye?

This is so four players play Offline from one machine.
 McCusto
03-11-2004, 2:24 AM
I would say it is split-screen if you don't have the online thing and definently not split-screen if u r playing online like me.... sorry if that is not what u meant :(
 WolfwoodCross
03-11-2004, 2:29 AM
I just mean that when multiple players play offline from one console, the TV screen is divided into two, three, or four smaller screens that each player plays from. It is how most most multi-player console games are done. Mario Kart, Goldeneye, and Bomberman are just to name a few
 Taran'atar
03-11-2004, 2:33 AM
The last console I played on was the N64 (the cost of keeping up with new consoles was too high), so I don't know how online console games work. I suspect if they have online multiplayer, they also have offline multiplayer.
 WolfwoodCross
03-11-2004, 2:45 AM
funny, I didn't think this would be a misunderstood concept. (not a flame, just a /boggle)

I don't want four players on one console to play online at the same time. That simply can't be done technologically anyway (so far as I know)

I just want to know if anyone has heard of a splitscreen offline multiplayer mode for the console versions. (though by lack of response I'm guessing not):(
 Calico_Jack
03-11-2004, 9:47 PM
i dont think that there will be an splitscreen mode........

BUT im not interested in PS2 or Xbox cuz im going to buy PC version.
 pink lightsaber
03-11-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm positive that there will be split screen since it is a multiplayer game. It should cause then that would leave out the peeps who play multiplayer but not online.
 Fleab
03-12-2004, 10:56 PM
I sure hope there will be split screen. I mean I would buy the game just for the single player for playstation 2, but having split screen would make things a lot more fun. Especially since I dont have the stuff to do the internet thing with ps2. And if I did I don't know how to use it anyway:D Is there any way that we can find out.
 pink lightsaber
03-13-2004, 2:40 AM
May be someone can email them with the quick question lucas i mean.:p
 WolfwoodCross
03-13-2004, 4:26 AM
Not to ask a stupid question, but do I e-mail Lucas from the lucasarts site, or should I email Pandemic (if that's possible)?
 VanLingo
03-15-2004, 4:42 AM
Actually, SWB will be split-screen offline AND online.

Here's the quote from GameSpy's preview page #3 (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/january04/swbattlefront/index3.shtml):
"Two-player split-screen on and offline for both console versions will add to the fun for players used to fighting it out side-by-side."

-- Lingo
 Wai_TungLeung
03-15-2004, 10:09 PM
I want to see split screen mode for the PC version!! :D

Not because I actually want to use it, but I think it would be stupidly amusing just to have that feature. The last PC game I ever saw with split screen mode was Serious Sam.
 Owen Conway
03-16-2004, 3:17 AM
Split screen on a PC. You've got to be kidding me.
 tFighterPilot
03-17-2004, 3:39 PM
Yeah, I remember Serious Sam's split screen, it's kinda dumb, because there is only one mouse...
Page: 1 of 1