Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefield: Galactic Conquest

Page: 1 of 1
 Sounds Risky
03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Has anyone here seen the trailer for the new release of the Star Wars Battlefield mod? It actually looks pretty damn good.

Clickie (http://www.swbattlefield.jolt.co.uk/).
 RoxStar
03-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Whoa. Looks pretty cool.
 oback
03-10-2004, 8:20 PM
im downloading it right now, wat version of bf1942 to run the galactic conquest? because i have the game but i havent updated anything in a wile
 lukeiamyourdad
03-13-2004, 3:24 AM
You need 1.6 version of BF1942 in order to play GC.

I just downloaded it and tried almost every map for the exception of the Task Force map and the Bespin one.
Ok...that wasn't THAT much fun. SOOOOO MUCH LAG ON TANAAB! YOU CAN'T AIM!
The Mod lags like hell(seriously) even with everything toned down. The only map that impressed me seriously is the ISD Judicator one. It was quite some fun and making everyone start with only a pistol is such a great idea:D!
Other then that, the other maps are either too large to be fun(Hoth, Tatooine) or too laggy(Tanaab).

They badly managed the space maps, 'cause if you go too "low" you crash...wth?! It's space...

Anyway, it could have been way better. Needs some better map design.
Page: 1 of 1