Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Damn Dish Network

Page: 1 of 1
 STTCT
03-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I lost MTV and Nick today. Dish Network vs Viacom. Pisses me off. I pay like 60 or more dollars a month and they take away 8 channels. WTF. I am so tired of being overcharged. I wish they offered digital cable in my area - I am getting sick of it. :(

anyone else feel my pain?
 the_raven_03
03-09-2004, 12:04 PM
I saw on the bottom of my tv that they may be taking away some channel. I haven't checked to see if I lost any. That sucks for you big time and I would be very angry if they did that to me.
 Neverhoodian
03-09-2004, 2:01 PM
I don't even have cable TV...

...what? STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!

*runs around screaming and smacks into a wall*
 DarkLord60
03-09-2004, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian

*runs around screaming and smacks into a wall*

Eh who need it right. well I do thats why I have digital
 TheHobGoblin
03-09-2004, 6:29 PM
I have Direct TV and I've been fine...
 RoxStar
03-09-2004, 10:14 PM
:wstupid:
 StarWarsPhreak
03-09-2004, 11:17 PM
*hugs Comcast Digital Cable*
 Jared
03-09-2004, 11:33 PM
jesus....I couldn't live without my mtv....
 jebbers
03-10-2004, 12:19 AM
welcome to my world of no digital, satellite, or cable anything.....no satellite cuz we cant find the signal we need and we dont have a box thingy....no cable cuz i live in no mans land.....heck i cant even get pizza delivered to my home cuz the delivery guys are afraid of the reservation! GOD I JUST WANT SOME PIZZA!!!!! :swear: :cry7: :crybaby: :cry7: :swear:
 Anthony
03-10-2004, 12:21 AM
*hugs rogers digital*

I like teh movie channels. and TechTV. (and all the others too, but those are very worth mentioning.)
 STTCT
03-10-2004, 9:11 AM
Direct TV is next. Their contract is in a few months and Direct is owned by the same company EcoStar. This means bye bye CBS, ALL NICk, VH1, MTV, MTV2, Comedy Central.

I want to cry I'm so mad!
 IG-64
03-10-2004, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
Direct TV is next. Their contract is in a few months and Direct is owned by the same company EcoStar. This means bye bye CBS, ALL NICk, VH1, MTV, MTV2, Comedy Central.

I want to cry I'm so mad!

Even TV Land? I want my Mr. Ed :(
 STTCT
03-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Well I'm more educated now. Direct isn't the same as Dish. Different Companies. If they don't resolve this soon I'm going to Direct. Its not necessarily about loosing the channels - its about paying for something and them loosing the main programming. All we have are crappy shopping channels anymore :(
 IG-64
03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
Well I'm more educated now. Direct isn't the same as Dish. Different Companies. If they don't resolve this soon I'm going to Direct. Its not necessarily about loosing the channels - its about paying for something and them loosing the main programming. All we have are crappy shopping channels anymore :(

good, I still have Mr. Ed....
 MennoniteHobbit
03-10-2004, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
good, I still have Mr. Ed....

lol

i have directv, wish i could get broadband internet...
 TheHobGoblin
03-11-2004, 12:56 AM
I can't wait for Wrestlemania XX...:D
 Tyrion
03-11-2004, 2:59 AM
Well, to make Dish Network seem a little better, they didnt sign with Viacom(owner of CBS, Nick, Comedy Central, ect.) because Viacom was overcharging, which meant higher prices for you.

Too bad you can't get Charter there, it's a really great cable company(High Speed Internet and High-Definition Channels too). We still have all of those channels though(if I lost TechTv and Nick though, I wouldnt really watch any tv at all).

(On a side note, I wonder why I remember all that about Viacom, but I still cant remember the difference between Communitive Property and the Assosiative Property..)
 Mike Windu
03-11-2004, 3:16 AM
I suggest you move to DirectTV since we don't lose any channels... only DishNetwork and Ecowhatever do... besides... I only pay 30 for all the channels I need(not including starz or any of that crap). I got my spongebob, I got my Jay-Z, twista, 50 cent, I got my Half Baked... ahhh the good life:p
 STTCT
03-11-2004, 5:38 AM
I'm thinking about going to Direct. I'll give it till next Friday - and if still nothing than Bye Bye Dish. I've been a costumer for about 3 years!
 STTCT
03-11-2004, 6:16 AM
YAY

Your CBS and MTV Networks Are Back! Message from Charlie Ergen, CEO of DISH Network
Dear Loyal DISH Network Customers,

I am very pleased to announce that we’ve successfully reached a long-term agreement with Viacom to provide you with CBS and MTV Network channels including MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon. I am happy to say that this agreement will allow us to continue to provide you the lowest all-digital price everyday.

I understand that it has been a difficult 36 hours to be without these popular channels. We appreciate your patience, your support for DISH Network and your continued business.

As promised, you will receive a $1 credit on your next billing statement. In addition, we would like to thank you for all of your support by sending you a free DISH On Demand Pay-Per-View coupon that will allow you to view upcoming hits like “Cat in the Hat” and “School of Rock.” The coupon will arrive in your April billing statement. Enjoy a movie on us.

Everyone at DISH Network will continue to fight to provide the best possible programming and services at the lowest possible price, every day.

Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for being a DISH Network customer.

Charlie Ergen
CEO
DISH Network
 El Sitherino
03-11-2004, 6:20 AM
*puts away knife* so we aren't stabbing anyone? :( gah, I just had to be late didn't I. oh well.. glad you got your tv channels back ^_^
 BongoBob
03-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I am always late :mad:

Ah well, good to hear that STTCT.
If I didn't have nick, mtv, comedy central, and mtv2, and even VH1, I wouldm't have tv at all.
 Astrotoy7
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I really have no time for TV. I catch the English soccer every now and then, occasionally watch some news/documentaries(usually by accident), but that's it ! Work takes up a huge chuunk of my day.... When I'm not doing stuff with my partner or out with friends, I am either on the ps2/GC or on here with all you clowns.... and yes, every night before I go to sleep, I read(new Timothy Zahn novel out now!), or play my GBA(Final Fantasy Tactics, Sonic,TW Golf) :p

MTFBWYA
 Tyrion
03-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Charlie Ergen, CEO of DISH Network

I understand that it has been a difficult 36 hours to be without these popular channels.

*snickers*

Y'know, I wonder if thats the whole reason everyone hates us. Others have to live in poverty-stricken cities with only a rifle as law, meanwhile we have trouble living without Survivor and Spongebob. :p
 txa1265
03-11-2004, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian

*runs around screaming and smacks into a wall* To quote from the classic 'Better Off Dead:

Charles De Mar: How are we going to get real drugs in this town? We can't even get cable!

Mike
 txa1265
03-11-2004, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Y'know, I wonder if thats the whole reason everyone hates us. Others have to live in poverty-stricken cities with only a rifle as law, meanwhile we have trouble living without Survivor and Spongebob. :p That sounds like something I tell my kids ...

Mike
 manoman81
03-11-2004, 2:06 PM
I really didn't care about Mtv but Comedy Central on the other hand is another story...Just glad they are back....
Page: 1 of 1