Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

E-mail Everyone! Get the Word Out!

Page: 1 of 1
 Insane2757
03-09-2004, 2:34 AM
Like some of these new users, I have registered after I heard the horrific news of the cancelation. After surfing the forums, I overseen a thread by a person mailing PvP about the cancelations and it occured to me that's what we have to do! We shouldn't limit ourselves to just LucasArts. They are the ones blind enough to cancel the game, why would they want to undo their mistake just on account of us? We should e-mail other news sources.

I e-mailed Penny-Arcade (http://www.Penny-Arcade.com) about our plight. I am trying to figure out what to do next. If I can help in any way, speak up.

Dear Penny Arcade,

I'm sure by now some of your fans have alerted you to LucasArt's decision to cancel the sequel to "Sam and Max: Hit The Road". I, personally, love this funny, original adventure game, even if it is about 10 years old. As you most likely know, they were in the process of making the highly-anticipated sequel, and many magazines and game sites were excited, some naming it amongst the top ten of most wanted games.

I hope this angers you as much as it angers me. Even LucasArt's near-dead forums are alive with the sound of protest. LucasArts is silencing many of the threads to make it look like no one is interested in this game. I just wanted to make sure you guys were aware, and if you wanted to help the cause of telling LA to open their damned eyes and release an original, high-demand game for a change.

-Jake Romigh

There are some links to this site, LucasArts pages, and others in that above message, but I'm not sure how to show them so they are omitted.

- Insane2757
 SyntheticGerbil
03-09-2004, 3:52 AM
I hate Penny Arcade. I hate webcomics. They are for hacks. I don't hate Sam and Max. Love ya babe, ciao!
 toenail1
03-10-2004, 12:43 AM
insane, i was the person that emailed PvP, dork tower, and nodwick

her is my email:

I am a big fan of (insert name of comic here), and visit the website everyday. I am sure that you have heard that the beloved game Sam and Max: Freelance Police getting cancelled. The game was near completion, and was going along great. It was recieving good press (including one of the top 10 games of 2004 by PCGamer). I thought that since you have so many readers, that you could post a message telling people to help the cause, and try to get Sam and Max 2 released. Perhaps you could post links to the petitions on your website. The petitions are http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html) and http://www.petitiononline.com/SamMax2/petition.html). Or you could tell your readers to email LucasArts at pr@lucasarts.com and have them send letters to try to convince LEC to release the game. There is also going to be a picket line outside of the LEC offices in California, which they can email krashkow@aol.com about. I would also like to note that I am just a fan of Sam and Max, not a professional in any sort (plus, I'm only 15). Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Eric Voellinger

PS: krashkow, i believe i mentioned thius before, but i gave them your email about the picket line, i hope thats okay, i figure thats how i can help with it
 Pork_Soda
03-10-2004, 2:27 AM
I just e-mailed Penny-Arcade aswell. Didin't save my e-mail, though.
 toenail1
03-10-2004, 7:39 PM
YES! i was successful

Aaron Williams of www.nodwick.com) said that he will post the info i gave him on his website. he said it will be posted probably by later tonight.
Page: 1 of 1