Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod - Canderous S. Quest

Page: 1 of 1
 njcboy
03-08-2004, 7:58 AM
Hi,

Does any of you know of a mod to trigger this Canderous side quest? I always can't find Jagi!
 Kitty Kitty
03-08-2004, 8:49 AM
Well...
Don't know of a mod for it, but...

Spoiler type info: (Highlight the white block below with your mouse to read it if you weren't aware of that) :)

The easiest way to do most of the side quests is to talk to the party members like crazy, and try to "trigger" all of them before Dantooine is destroyed. Then you go hang out in the courtyard where the Ebon Hawk is, and just keep putting different people in the party. Run to a new area, warp back to hawk, repeat. All the "trigger" NPCs will pop up there.

Now, as for Jagi if you're talking about AFTER you meet him once..

Go to Tatooine, run out into the Dune Sea.

As you look at the big sandcrawler out there, bear to the right and behind it a bit. Run around over there and he'll pop up with some friends.

Hope that helps you out. :)

-Kitty
 njcboy
03-08-2004, 10:53 AM
But the problem is, I never get new dialogue with Canderous after talking to him for the first time. After he said "we will never speak about this again, we've got task to do, so let's get to it". Ever since, when I talk to him, the only option that I get is "Do you know anything about this place?", and nothing else! BTW, where can I meet Jagi for the first time?
 Nedumaran
03-08-2004, 12:51 PM
You may be dealing with an occasional bug.

Possible workaround:

Make Canderous your first character. In the game screen click on the PC to initiate the conversation. You may find that this reinitializes the conversation thread on his stories and eventually the quest.

Hope it works.

Does this belong in the tech forum?
 Cabwi Desco
03-08-2004, 1:15 PM
did you know there is an odd ending to jagi confrontation?

if you play it right you can make jagi kill himself because of honor, you can convince him that what canderous did was right
 njcboy
03-08-2004, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by Nedumaran
You may be dealing with an occasional bug.

Possible workaround:

Make Canderous your first character. In the game screen click on the PC to initiate the conversation. You may find that this reinitializes the conversation thread on his stories and eventually the quest.

Hope it works.

Does this belong in the tech forum?

I've tried, but still no new dialogue options. I mean, how does this bug occur? I'm just so sick of this, I'm not able to play this side quest because of this.
 tk102
03-09-2004, 12:24 AM
I *think* the global variable (yes gv's are my new kick) that affects this is G_CAND_PLOT (numeric). The range of the numeric I believe is 0 -> 3.

You could try using KSE to set that global variable to 1 or 2 and see what that does for you. If it doesn't work or causes some other malfunction, you can always reset it.

One other one that caught my eye was
a boolean called K_MESS_CANDEROUS which I think is the "messenger for Canderous".

I could be way off. The globals are uncharted territory for the most part, so if you find out what one does, post it!

Edit
G_CAND_PLOT = 0 : Before meeting Jagi
G_CAND_PLOT = 1 : After meeting Jagi, before fighting on Tattooine
G_CAND_PLOT = 2 : Fight with Jagi has been initiated
G_CAND_PLOT = 3 : After the fight, after talking with Canderous

So if you set it to 1, Canderous will have Jagi on his mind.
 Goran
03-09-2004, 3:31 AM
Originally posted by njcboy
I've tried, but still no new dialogue options. I mean, how does this bug occur? I'm just so sick of this, I'm not able to play this side quest because of this.

I first ran across this bug by cheating to LvL 20 on all my NPC party members.

I know, I know, Bad Goran Bad!!! right?

Well after you've went through the game as many times as I have, testing this, trying that, breaking this, I am bit methodical you see, you get impatient lol.

I since then, realized that the only way to get all the Side Quests was not to cheat, and just lvl as I went.

After each char acheives a new lvl, most of the time, he/she will tell you more about themselves.

If you have ran across this bug without cheating... then I have no advice to give you.

If you did cheat... Then, aside from using TK's awesome new Save game editor, you may have to start over.

On a side note.

I have been trying like mad to get T3 and HK to strike up a conversation with eachother, or HK to strike one up with anyone as a matter of fact, and can't seem to get it done.

I can get Mission to teas Bastila, Carth, and Zalbarr, but can't get her to talk to Candorous, Hk, T3, or Juhani.

Carth, Bastila, and Mission interact with eachother. And Canderous will talk to Bastila and Carth, but that's all I have been able to get out of them.

Come to think of it, Jolee never says anything to the other party members while running around in the group either, nor does Juhani, or Zalbarr except when he's grouped with Mission and she tells him to brush his teeth.

Any advice out there?
 Kitty Kitty
03-09-2004, 4:13 AM
Some may consider this spoiler info so...

Some of them just don't.

Johlee however DOES have at least one or two little "snippet" conversations. I'm pretty he's got at least one with Carth, and maybe one or two with Bastila.

I'd have to dig through all the scripts again to tell you for sure though. But I'm almost 100% positive that there's nothing of this nature whatsoever for T3 or HK. About the closest you get there is some of the lines that can happen when you buy HK, depending who's in your group and such.

-Kitty
 njcboy
03-09-2004, 4:18 AM
I don't use any cheats, my characters level up as usual. I will try to use kse editor. Thanks!
 Goran
03-09-2004, 5:32 AM
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty
Some may consider this spoiler info so...

Some of them just don't.

Johlee however DOES have at least one or two little "snippet" conversations. I'm pretty he's got at least one with Carth, and maybe one or two with Bastila.

I'd have to dig through all the scripts again to tell you for sure though. But I'm almost 100% positive that there's nothing of this nature whatsoever for T3 or HK. About the closest you get there is some of the lines that can happen when you buy HK, depending who's in your group and such.

-Kitty

/sigh

this truly saddens me.

ahh well.

I was in hopes that the game was a bit more in depth than what I thought it was, and I had yet found the perfect spot to trigger the conversations.
 njcboy
03-09-2004, 6:36 AM
Hey Tk, thanks! I used your editor to change the global variables and I've completed his side quest now! :D
 T7nowhere
03-09-2004, 7:40 AM
If you have NWtoolset you can read all the Banters use KT to extract BIFs->templates->Dialog->banter.dlg you will have to put the KotOR dialog.tlk in the mian NWN folder and put the banter.dlg into temp0. If you want to read all the NPC interjections your kinda out of luck unless you have alot of patience. You see the interjections are in the npc's dlg to whom you are talking to for which the npc will interject.
(did that make sense :confused: )
 Goran
03-09-2004, 4:47 PM
Yeah, but I kinda wanted to resolve this in game. I am not real good at modding anything.
 Katarn84
05-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by njcboy
Hey Tk, thanks! I used your editor to change the global variables and I've completed his side quest now! :D

What exactly have you done?
 tk102
05-10-2004, 9:59 PM
Originally posted by tk102
You could try using KSE to set that global variable [G_CAND_PLOT] to 1
 Katarn84
05-11-2004, 4:52 AM
I tried to modify G_CAND_STATE to 7 and Canderous continued talking about working for DAvik!!! There's a bug that sometimes doesn't let you go further than the sixth dialogue with canderous...
 tk102
05-11-2004, 9:55 AM
What makes you think that is a bug? I was talking about a different Global.

The next dialog option "What are your thoughts now?" "I'm not happy with the way my life has turned. I'm not the Mandalore I once was. I don't even think I'm the merc I was when I joined you." occurs when the following is true:

iResult = ((GetGlobalNumber("G_CAND_STATE") == 8) &&
(GetHitDice(GetFirstPC()) > GetGlobalNumber("T_LEVC")) &&
(GetGlobalNumber("K_CURRENT_PLANET") == 45));

If you want to see all the options and their script conditionals, use DLGEdit to dump the text file of k_hcan_dialog.
 Katarn84
05-11-2004, 1:43 PM
Because once I finished all the sidequests and I've fought Jagi. The second time I played I wasn't able to end that sidequest.
Page: 1 of 1