Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR/TSL Global Variable Comparison Tool

Page: 1 of 1
 tk102
03-08-2004, 4:20 AM
v1.0.3 released (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)

- Support for KotOR & TSL
- Added a Save to File button
- Changed savegame listboxes to dropdown lists

Legacy text:
In extending the savegame editor to include the editing of global variables, I've realized how little I know about the inner workings of the game. This tool provides a glimpse into how the global variables change as gameplay progresses.

The tool allows you compare two savegames' global variables (booleans numerics and strings). I hope it can help increase our overall understanding of the game.

Yay! I'm finally a Pit Droid now. :r2d2:
 T7nowhere
03-08-2004, 7:50 AM
this a cool tool. I just loaded up two save games one was my first game DS and the other was I think the 4th LS. There are alot of differences. It does show bit more of how much work it takes to make a game.

My only complaint I have about this KSE and KGC is that there is no wheel mouse support :( lol I know it's a small detail but I have been useing a wheel mouse for 5 years now and when I can't it use it's almost like useing a PC without a mouse at all.

:) very minor complaint though I can live with it. and your tools are great.
 tk102
03-08-2004, 2:53 PM
I'll see what I can do about that, T7. Perl/Tk does provide a method for supporting wheel-mice and I was too lazy to include it.

I do appreciate feedback like that. :)

Edit: actually that tells me you're running Windows XP -- mousewheel support is available for other Windows' OS's. It's a weird thing about XP losing focus of the pane you're trying to scroll.
 tk102
02-18-2005, 11:40 AM
v1.0.3 released.

In preparation from some more serious modding of TSL and by request, I've re-released the Global Variable Comparison tool.
 Darth333
02-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by tk102
v1.0.3 released.

In preparation from some more serious modding of TSL and by request, I've re-released the Global Variable Comparison tool.
Thanks! Now we only need findrefs to complete the package :D

...erm...and dlgedit too...this gff thing can be a pain in the *** for long dialogues :(
 tk102
02-18-2005, 11:46 AM
:worship:

Comment by D333: Just trying :D
 T7nowhere
02-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Thank you.

Thanks! Now we only need findrefs to complete the package
...erm...and dlgedit too...this gff thing can be a pain in the *** for long dialogues

Um, I thought dlgeditor worked fine on TSL dlg's. I will admitt I haven't tried to write a new dialog but they seem to open fine.
 Achilles
02-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Thank you.

Um, I thought dlgeditor worked fine on TSL dlg's. I will admitt I haven't tried to write a new dialog but they seem to open fine. Hmmm...dlgeditor crashed when I tried to open Kreia's dlg file this morning :confused:

Speaking of dlg files...anyone know where all the non-party NPC dialogs are hiding? I found the files for the transit systems, workbenches, and party NPC's but can't find any of the others using KT. TIA
 tk102
02-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Getting off topic guys... :D

Did you open DLGEditor first (without opening any .dlg) and then press Ctrl-T and select the kotor2 dialog.tlk? If not, it will crash. But let's talk about it in a different thread.
 envida
02-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Great tool tk102! This tool just saved me hours of work looking for a global variable difference :D
 gyrostylez
03-03-2005, 5:41 AM
Hi,

I am currently on Nar Shadda and I want to be able to repair the air-speeder, but I have already completed Goto's yacht. Anyone know which variables I should change do be able to do this?
 the darksider king
08-07-2010, 1:34 AM
v1.0.3 released (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)

- Support for KotOR & TSL
- Added a Save to File button
- Changed savegame listboxes to dropdown lists

Legacy text:
In extending the savegame editor to include the editing of global variables, I've realized how little I know about the inner workings of the game. This tool provides a glimpse into how the global variables change as gameplay progresses.

The tool allows you compare two savegames' global variables (booleans numerics and strings). I hope it can help increase our overall understanding of the game.

Yay! I'm finally a Pit Droid now. :r2d2:

yo can you make a youtube vid about how to use it oh yeah if possible could u use bossr and recruit nichos mod
Page: 1 of 1