Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I hate the weather...

Page: 1 of 1
 Anthony
03-07-2004, 1:33 PM
Oh my god, mother nature hates my street. We live near a river, thats not clean. (I swear theres an oil deposit in one place). Mostly every spring, the water becomes really rough, and sometimes overflows. This year, it flooded our backyard...:(

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Anthony3000/Picture_70.jpg)
This was on saturday, fist thing in the morning. The water is brown, theres dead leaves, dead things, fish, driftwood, mud and everything in there.

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Anthony3000/Picture74.jpg)
Later on that day, most of the water went away, but it left a giant pile of yuck. I hope I don't have to help clean that up.:(

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Anthony3000/Picture_013.jpg)
THIS morning. GAH! It snowed so now all the crud is under the snow, and the water STILL remains.

he river is behind those trees, beyond the field, and right behind THOSE trees. Gagh, I better not have to clean up anything down there. I'm NOT going down there. (smells really really bad...)
 Ziechel
03-07-2004, 1:44 PM
hm looks very good ;) . Same here at my city... all because of a clearing station and dirt, it smells and is overflooded
 Anthony
03-07-2004, 1:51 PM
My neighbors to the right got it lucky too.... It went away almost immediatly... *mutter mutter* I hate the way my parents have this set up. Right where the line of trees there, we always rake our leaves and stuff em under there. Forming a really ugly pit of wet crappy leaves. (thats where some of the pile of crap came from too...yuck) No, screw walking in there, I have to walk around to my neighbors bottom part of the yard (its not fenced off, used to be a tennis court : P) and that field is part of a park, and it was all wet and semi flooded too.
 IG-64
03-07-2004, 2:01 PM
it looks like a nice place to live to me...
 Anthony
03-07-2004, 2:09 PM
Oh it is, just that little part. I love the rest of my backyard, and my house. My street is kind of boring though...

EDIT: I'm kind of worried about the young oak tree we planted down there. Do you think it will die from...ultimate drowning?
 Druid Allanon
03-07-2004, 4:01 PM
Doesn't seem so bad... it's all nature, the kind of thing I like. My environment over here is too urbanish(sp?), too boring. =/
 Ziechel
03-07-2004, 6:00 PM
Only thing is- after the winter the snow smelts and you got a house near the river, that means many problems. Pumping out the cellar is needed often, and its very disturbing i think
 TiE23
03-07-2004, 6:12 PM
wow, weather really does suck
Where do you live where it rains like that?

TiE
 Anthony
03-07-2004, 6:48 PM
No, its not rain tie, its all the melting snow. Yeah, lucky out house doesn't get damaged. Were on a one sides hill so its okay.
 dark jedi 8
03-07-2004, 8:07 PM
i'm stuck in a more city environment. but i like the country a little better, a lot of people i know that live in the country area had to get their basements pumped cus of all he rain we got during summer. not really a fun experience.
 MuRaSaMuNe
03-07-2004, 8:16 PM
The river where I live is just like that and it smells real bad in the summer. I have to cross the bridge everyday and it almost makes me puke :snear: That's the thames for ya..
 Anthony
03-07-2004, 8:30 PM
Oh my god. This river is called the thames river too. heh. (not London, england, but London ontario.)

And yeah, its called the forest city.
 wassup
03-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Well, that's mother nature for ya.

Love her or hate her, she ain't going away (kind of like women?). :p
 Crow_Nest
03-08-2004, 6:39 AM
Whoa cool, wish i could stay there

And hot wether here in singapore has gone from desert to cold. :p
 MuRaSaMuNe
03-08-2004, 5:31 PM
Really Egg? I live in Byron man ;) I've been living in the forest city all my life
 STTCT
03-09-2004, 4:45 AM
That looks really beautiful. Its been like 80-90 out here in So Cal. If I showed you a pic - you'd kill me.
 access_flux
03-09-2004, 7:40 AM
be thankful you have rain. we are on permanent water restrictions where i live in australia. it just doesn't get that wet.
Page: 1 of 1