Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ninja Gaiden

Page: 1 of 1
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 12:42 AM
This a new game that just game out for the Xbox, and I must say, it TOTALLY kicks ass. The camera is occasionally a little hindering, but you can re-center it with a simple tap of the R trigger, so no worries.

It's hard, it's fun, and the graphics are BEAUTIFUL. Anyone else played it? Heard people reviews?

If you've got an Xbox, I highly recommend giving it a try.
 obi
03-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Saving up $50 for it, actually.

It looks awesome on the demo.
 El Sitherino
03-07-2004, 12:49 AM
I played the one on NES... well all 3 of them anyways... <_< is this one like that but ... more dimensional?
 obi
03-07-2004, 12:56 AM
It's an action/adventure game with very exciting action.

It's sort of like Prince of Persia in it's gameplay.

(From what I've seen)
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 1:07 AM
I'll warn you now, this game is not for the meek video game player. This game is FREAKING HARD! I have it on the normal difficulty, and it's still CRAZY hard.

However, it's totally worth it. There are some wicked cool things that you can do, like when you slide through your swing and lop the heads off of the other ninjas..that always makes me happy.
 Miko Reglia
03-07-2004, 1:19 AM
Yeah I heard a lot of good things about this, and my friend just got it today so I hope I can play it next time I go to his house...

Unfortunatly I don't have an Xbox so I can't play it at my house...:(
 jokemaster
03-07-2004, 1:22 AM
I'm saving up for too many games right now, so I'll rent it.
 Acrylic
03-07-2004, 2:51 AM
Go to GAMEFAQS. There's alot of Fanboyism about the XBOX going on cuz of this game. But I'll get the game possibly after Easter...since I gave up games for lent. :)
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
since I gave up games for lent. :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap dude, my life would get so boring without video games.....
 Boba Rhett
03-07-2004, 2:54 AM
Gah... I'm going to have to start selling my body to get money for games.

Jake, is that offer still on the table?
 Acrylic
03-07-2004, 2:57 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap dude, my life would get so boring without video games.....

Heh.

I'm moving anyways in a couple weeks. I just packed my PS2 and XBOX up today, and all my CDs. All I have is my gutiar and my comp.
 Uber_Saber
03-07-2004, 3:18 AM
All I have is my gutiar and my comp.

Yes sir... it's Acrylic, the singin' geek!

Unfortunately, no X-box, so no Ninja rush for me.
 Acrylic
03-07-2004, 3:39 AM
Originally posted by Uber_Saber

Since when have I sang? Im a bad singer. Its just me and my guitar..
 TiE23
03-07-2004, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by Uber_Saber

Unfortunately, no X-box, so no Ninja rush for me.
No, buy a copy and hope that a Xbox falls from the sky..... and it will shatter into millions or pieces when it hits the ground, so get a xbox your self..... yes, i belive thats the thing you should do. :D

TiE
 Boba Rhett
03-07-2004, 3:59 AM
You're soon to be a wandering minstrel, eh? Do you plan on roaming the countrysides, busking for what money you need and deflowering young maidens who have never known the sweet sound of a guitbox or the lustful touch of a man, as you travel from village to village?

I don't know what the hell ^that^ was about either.
 TiE23
03-07-2004, 4:23 AM
^ he doesn't make any sense, neither does this post, and since i am a phycic, i can tell that the next post will hardly make any since either, bahahahahaha! adn i shall be the great general of the 2037 war of the turkeys!!!!! Bahahahaha!

TiE
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 4:40 AM
Originally posted by Tie 23
^ he doesn't make any sense, neither does this post, and since i am a phycic, i can tell that the next post will hardly make any since either, bahahahahaha! adn i shall be the great general of the 2037 war of the turkeys!!!!! Bahahahaha!

TiE

Man....I really just don't get your sense of humor.......
 Astrotoy7
03-07-2004, 5:11 AM
is it one of those 'snotbox only' games or will we get in ps2 or GC.... coz if it is then I aint interested. I do remember the old skool versions, they were fun in their day....

*astro resumes playing FFX-2 on his beloved ps2*

MTFBWYA
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 5:14 AM
Xbox exclusive baby!
 Astrotoy7
03-07-2004, 5:45 AM
Xbox exclusive baby!

ah well, theres $100(thats how much games cost here) the devs wont get from me.....

nontheless, have fun :)

is it a 3d action/adventure, what special powers do you have...Im thinking of something like onimusha but perhaps a bit more dynamic ......

MTFBWYA
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 5:55 AM
It's actually a LOT like onimusha. Except you're more acrobatic and pull off a lot more stunts like wall running and attacks off of walls, and I dont remember if you had magic attacks in onimusha, and you didn't have an infinite amount of Shiruken to throw at your enemies.
 Acrylic
03-07-2004, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
You're soon to be a wandering minstrel, eh? Do you plan on roaming the countrysides, busking for what money you need and deflowering young maidens who have never known the sweet sound of a guitbox or the lustful touch of a man, as you travel from village to village?

Yes.
 topshot
03-07-2004, 4:59 PM
It's only on XBox? Man, what sad, strange person would put it just on there?
 Acrylic
03-07-2004, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by topshot
It's only on XBox? Man, what sad, strange person would put it just on there?

What do you got against the Xbox?

Honestly, people need to start getting a bit more mature.

"OMG! MY PS2 IS BETTER THAN YOUR GAMECUBE CUZ XBOX SUXXXXXXXXXXX0RXZZZ1!!!!!!111!!!"

SHUT THE **** UP!!!!
 Datheus
03-07-2004, 5:17 PM
Ok... I like the Xbox... can someone explain what exactly is wrong with Xbox?

As far as Ninja Gaiden is concered, I went to Blockbuster to see about renting it... They only had one copy (which was out)! For such an anticipated game, I'd think they'd have more... Oh well, I'll rent it some time down the road. I'm fairly occupied with Everything or Nothing right now. Man those platnum missions are hard.
 Kain
03-07-2004, 6:40 PM
I don't own an XBox, I own a PS2, but there are games on XBox that I like (Halo, Ninja Gaiden...thats about it...). Just games that are exclusive to consoles suck(this argument doesn't affect me when it comes to Nintendo games, cuz their far to 'kiddie based' for me; AND I'M NOT SAYING THEY AIN'T GOOD TO OTHER PEOPLE THIS IS MY OPINION SO DON'T GET ON MY F'ING CASE ABOUT IT!!)

Ninja Gaiden is cool...
 dark jedi 8
03-07-2004, 7:52 PM
i agree w/the exclusive thing, like PS2 getting the new GTA. developers/producers would make alot more money if they just made them for all systems. anyway, cant wait to rent gaiden. probably next weekend. dont have 50 to buy it.:( :cool:
 Acrylic
03-07-2004, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
i agree w/the exclusive thing, like PS2 getting the new GTA. developers/producers would make alot more money if they just made them for all systems. anyway, cant wait to rent gaiden. probably next weekend. dont have 50 to buy it.:( :cool:

The people that make the systems (like Sony for example) sign a contract with a person to make their title exclusive. It gives (Sony) more money because it sells more consoles with people wanting the game so badly.
 topshot
03-07-2004, 11:18 PM
What do you got against the Xbox?

Honestly, people need to start getting a bit more mature.

"OMG! MY PS2 IS BETTER THAN YOUR GAMECUBE CUZ XBOX SUXXXXXXXXXXX0RXZZZ1!!!!!!111!!!"

I don't got anything against the XBox. I'm just stating my opinion that it should also be on other consoles, so I suggest that you stay off my case.

SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!

I don't see whats so mature about rudely telling me to shut my mouth. If you've got a problem with me or my opinions, you'd better be man enough to PM me about it.
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 11:32 PM
you'd better be man enough to PM me about it.

I'm sorry, and i dont mean to be rude, but does anybody else think that sounds a little silly? Man enough to PM me.......

*runs off giggling*
 topshot
03-07-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry, and i dont mean to be rude, but does anybody else think that sounds a little silly? Man enough to PM me.......

*runs off giggling*

It may sound silly, but I'm very serious. Not just serious, but I'm also very pissed off.
 ET Warrior
03-07-2004, 11:45 PM
It may sound silly, but I'm very serious. Not just serious, but I'm also very pissed off.

I think somebody needs a timeout to rest and calm down :p

You get to riled up by things man. Just let it gooo, be like, "Whatevah"

Trust me, you'll end up being a much happier and less stressed person because of it.
 topshot
03-07-2004, 11:50 PM
I think somebody needs a timeout to rest and calm down :p

You get to riled up by things man. Just let it gooo, be like, "Whatevah"

Trust me, you'll end up being a much happier and less stressed person because of it.

You're right. I've had a seriously rough morning (stupid Bow Flex! Gah!) and my attitude needs to cool down a bit. Time to head for Yoda's cooling chambers.

*Packs up his things and leaves for the fallback shelter in the middle of LF.*
 obi
03-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Woa guys, chill.

It's just a game and a console.....
 jokemaster
03-08-2004, 12:57 AM
If you've got a problem with me or my opinions, you'd better be man enough to PM me about it.
Very siggable.
Page: 1 of 1